FedEx or UPS in the U.S.?

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
When ordering 'Overnight' or '2-day' delivery does anyone know what shipping company Google will use in the U.S.?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
In the past they have used UPS. I know the last two nexus devices, (N5 & N6) I got them via UPS.

Posted via the Android Central App

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
good question. The 5x (I got my shipping number today) is FedEx and my Google Chromecast (2015) was FedEx. Would they change it up for the 6p?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Does ups offer an option to have the device dropped off at their nearest store location like FedEx or just strictly to your house?

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Does ups offer an option to have the device dropped off at their nearest store location like FedEx or just strictly to your house?

Yes. UPS my choice. Look for the closest CC (customer center) for dropoff. Ups stores work too but might be slower to pick up.

Posted via the Android Central App and my Galaxy S6

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I believe they do.. as long as you have a 'UPS - My Choice' account (it's free), much like FedEx's Delivery Manager accounts. That's really the reason I asked originally, as I know the phone will come with signature confirmation, so I'd like to redirect the package to my local UPS store or FedEx store so I can pick it up there. Otherwise, the phone goes back to the distro center if no one is home to sign for it, which is pretty far from my suburban locale.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they are using fedex this time

A google store employee told me FedEx pretty flat out today, and I was like, "oh, so it'll ship FedEx?" and he responded "Oh, or, I don't know, whatever they decide to use...."

So, take that to mean whatever you want it to. Lol

Personally, I really wish it weren't fedex because they can never get in my apartment gate, never call, and just leave a notice that they'll deliver another day. I don't know if I've ever had a fedex package actually get left on the actual day of delivery. That said....they are real fast, especially here in California, so that gives me hope.

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
A google store employee told me FedEx pretty flat out today, and I was like, "oh, so it'll ship FedEx?" and he responded "Oh, or, I don't know, whatever they decide to use...."

Google doesn't ship the packages themselves, but uses Ingram Micro for their logistics and shipping service, who likely uses whatever is cheapest at the time. The Google Store employee probably doesn't know because they aren't really controlling the process themselves.

mattsican

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site

So, take that to mean whatever you want it to. Lol

Personally, I really wish it weren't fedex because they can never get in my apartment gate, never call, and just leave a notice that they'll deliver another day. I don't know if I've ever had a fedex package actually get left on the actual day of delivery. That said....they are real fast, especially here in California, so that gives me hope.

Yeah here UPS shows up promptly at 10am every morning. FEDEX shows up somewhere between. 11 and 7 pm and it's not consistent on any days.

andreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's UPS. I get notifications the day before the delivery a package as well as when it is delivered. So then I'll know when to take lunch to drive home to get it.
FedEx, not so much.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I hope it's UPS. I get notifications the day before the delivery a package as well as when it is delivered. So then I'll know when to take lunch to drive home to get it.
FedEx, not so much.

You can do the same with FedEx delivery manager. Works just like ups my choice.

Posted via my 5x