Using the Nexus 6P on Verizon

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X work fine on Verizon | Android Central

Verizon customers are always wary — for good reason — when looking at unlocked phones. That's no different with the new Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X, which of course technically support Verizon's radio bands but aren't officially supported by the carrier.

Well, we're happy to report that both new Nexuses do work on the Verizon network, with one expected caveat — you're going to need a SIM that's already set up and ready to go on the carrier. As is standard operating procedure for the carrier with unlocked phones, Verizon isn't going to start up service for you and hand over a fresh SIM if you walk in the door with a Nexus 6P or 5X.

But if you already have an active line and are just ordering a new phone to put it in, you'll be good to go for the most part. There's no guarantee of the best network quality, extra features or customer support — but the phones are compatible with the network and you'll be able to pop in a SIM and go.

kmills3

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using my 6p on Verizon. Activating was easy, it showed up in their system. Only had it a day though, but thus far it's been great.

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to hear from someone actually using a 6p on Verizon. Anyone?

Anything in particular? I have a 6P on Verizon. It works, mobile data works. I moved my SIM from my 2013 Moto X. Sadly, I'm on a company plan so I can't speak to Visual VM or any account management, I CAN do hotspot though, I could with my X also as it's included in my plan.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll be moving my 6p to VZW tomorrow from AT&T. I checked the IMEI on their site and it came up as compatible. I will be taking the print out stating this with me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll be moving my 6p to VZW tomorrow from AT&T. I checked the IMEI on their site and it came up as compatible. I will be taking the print out stating this with me.

Considering you don't have to specify a carrier when buying the phone, I see no need to provide proof that Verizon told you it was compatible. Someone on here did say that the rep they talked to in the store had to call someone to force activation but it CAN be done and that one may have been an exception.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Considering you don't have to specify a carrier when buying the phone, I see no need to provide proof that Verizon told you it was compatible. Someone on here did say that the rep they talked to in the store had to call someone to force activation but it CAN be done and that one may have been an exception.

I've just heard stories that reps will claim that it doesn't work on VZW and won't activate a new SIM for a new customer. Rather not waste my time and have the proof in hand.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Walked into the Verizon store, said I wanted a nano sim for a new phone. 5 minutes later walked out with the phone activated.