Any issues using the Nexus 5X on Verizon?
    10-19-2015 07:12 PM
    Yes, the Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X work fine on Verizon | Android Central

Verizon customers are always wary — for good reason — when looking at unlocked phones. That's no different with the new Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X, which of course technically support Verizon's radio bands but aren't officially supported by the carrier.

Well, we're happy to report that both new Nexuses do work on the Verizon network, with one expected caveat — you're going to need a SIM that's already set up and ready to go on the carrier. As is standard operating procedure for the carrier with unlocked phones, Verizon isn't going to start up service for you and hand over a fresh SIM if you walk in the door with a Nexus 6P or 5X.

But if you already have an active line and are just ordering a new phone to put it in, you'll be good to go for the most part. There's no guarantee of the best network quality, extra features or customer support — but the phones are compatible with the network and you'll be able to pop in a SIM and go.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    10-19-2015 07:12 PM
    I'd love to hear from someone actually using a 6p on Verizon. Anyone?
    11-03-2015 08:24 PM
    I'm using my 6p on Verizon. Activating was easy, it showed up in their system. Only had it a day though, but thus far it's been great.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2015 08:36 PM
    Have been using it for almost a week now on Verizon. Zero issues at all. Love it
    11-03-2015 09:11 PM
    6p on verizon Zero issues

11-03-2015 09:18 PM
    Anything in particular? I have a 6P on Verizon. It works, mobile data works. I moved my SIM from my 2013 Moto X. Sadly, I'm on a company plan so I can't speak to Visual VM or any account management, I CAN do hotspot though, I could with my X also as it's included in my plan.
    11-03-2015 09:27 PM
    I'll be moving my 6p to VZW tomorrow from AT&T. I checked the IMEI on their site and it came up as compatible. I will be taking the print out stating this with me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    11-03-2015 09:52 PM
    I'll be moving my 6p to VZW tomorrow from AT&T. I checked the IMEI on their site and it came up as compatible. I will be taking the print out stating this with me.

Considering you don't have to specify a carrier when buying the phone, I see no need to provide proof that Verizon told you it was compatible. Someone on here did say that the rep they talked to in the store had to call someone to force activation but it CAN be done and that one may have been an exception.

anon(156377) likes this.
    11-03-2015 11:34 PM
    Considering you don't have to specify a carrier when buying the phone, I see no need to provide proof that Verizon told you it was compatible. Someone on here did say that the rep they talked to in the store had to call someone to force activation but it CAN be done and that one may have been an exception.

I've just heard stories that reps will claim that it doesn't work on VZW and won't activate a new SIM for a new customer. Rather not waste my time and have the proof in hand.

11-03-2015 11:36 PM
    I did the same thing. But called them last night after putting in the SIM to get advanced calling setup on the line.
    11-04-2015 11:34 AM
    Walked into the Verizon store, said I wanted a nano sim for a new phone. 5 minutes later walked out with the phone activated.
    11-04-2015 12:24 PM