Is there a difference between 6P models from Google Play and Huawei store?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Asking because I was unable to order an 128 GB model from the Google Play Store, but had no problem ordering it from the Huawei store. It is the exact same phone, correct? And if so, shouldn't matter from where it's purchased, I hope.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Asking because I was unable to order an 128 GB model from the Google Play Store, but had no problem ordering it from the Huawei store. It is the exact same phone, correct? And if so, shouldn't matter from where it's purchased, I hope.

same phone. The 128 model has been sold out in google store. that's why you are not able to buy it.

Also you wont get $50 google play credit if you buy from Huawei store, but you save on tax

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
same phone. The 128 model has been sold out in google store. that's why you are not able to buy it.

Also you wont get $50 google play credit if you buy from Huawei store, but you save on tax

Thanks man. I'm OK with missing out on the credit though, still have about $120 worth of credit unused from gifts. :)

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you heard if they are honoring the play credit for phones *ordered* during the promo, but not shipped?

I thought I read the credit is only for those who's phone ships before the end of the promo (in the 6P case, almost no one)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you heard if they are honoring the play credit for phones *ordered* during the promo, but not shipped?

I thought I read the credit is only for those who's phone ships before the end of the promo (in the 6P case, almost no one)

where did you read that?? in the comment section??

if you order the nexus during the promotion period you will get the credit no matter when it ships

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
where did you read that?? in the comment section??

if you order the nexus during the promotion period you will get the credit no matter when it ships

I think I did hear in comments section (here or XDA), and the fine print of the promo leaves it a little bit vague

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I did hear in comments section (here or XDA), and the fine print of the promo leaves it a little bit vague

there is nothing vague about it. maybe you dont know how to read
"Purchase a Nexus 6P or a Nexus 5X by 10/25/2015 to get an email with a Google Play promotional credit once it ships. Redeem offer before 12/31/15."

if the rule was to give it to people only if it ships before sep 25th then none of the nexus 6p users will get it. dont you think that google would have thought about that?

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
The vagueness was around this:

"Promotional offer available while Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X supplies last, no rain checks. "

Supplies last?

It wasnt clear if "supplies" meant pre-orders (i.e. now that you can no longer order the 64 or 128 models) or if its just standard legalese to CYA.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The vagueness was around this:

"Promotional offer available while Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X supplies last, no rain checks. "

Supplies last?

It wasnt clear if "supplies" meant pre-orders (i.e. now that you can no longer order the 64 or 128 models) or if its just standard legalese to CYA.

it is still clear. if the stock runs out in that promotion period you obviously cant order and you obviously wont get the offer

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

What taxes do you save? I already ordered a 32GB 6P from Playstore 2 weeks ago and taxes are $29.94 to GA, yet if I add one to the cart on Huawei's website, it's $33.29? LOL... I'm actually saving by ordering directly from Google.

Is the tax savings a regional thing/your ship to address perhaps??

jbbrown79

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
What taxes do you save? I already ordered a 32GB 6P from Playstore 2 weeks ago and taxes are $29.94 to GA, yet if I add one to the cart on Huawei's website, it's $33.29? LOL... I'm actually saving by ordering directly from Google.

Is the tax savings a regional thing/your ship to address perhaps??

I think the tax varies by state. I'm in Indiana, so there is no tax for me, but a number of other states have tax.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the tax varies by state. I'm in Indiana, so there is no tax for me, but a number of other states have tax.

Ok thanks. Yea, wondered how some people had $0 tax if they ordered from Huawei directly! Awesome for you and others in US states that have the no tax fee :)

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. Yea, wondered how some people had $0 tax if they ordered from Huawei directly! Awesome for you and others in US states that have the no tax fee :)

I'm fairly sure Huawei only has stores in Cali, but I could be wrong. This is the reason for no tax elsewhere when buying from Huawei directly. Either way don't get mad at Huawei, the government is the one charging/enforcing sales tax.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk 2

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm fairly sure Huawei only has stores in Cali, but I could be wrong. This is the reason for no tax elsewhere when buying from Huawei directly. Either way don't get mad at Huawei, the government is the one charging/enforcing sales tax.
Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk 2

Lol, not mad at all. I just don't want to see people post a blanket statement that there is no tax if you order a Nexus 6p from Hauwei, because that's not true. Just helping others out to be informed

cruiz1022

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Florida gets state tax :-( .... not worth it for me

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 318.jpg
    318.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 248

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

You also are not eligible to purchase Nexus Protect if you don't buy from Google

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
nexus 6p ordered through Google or huawei?

Is there any real difference between ordering the phone from Google or huawei besides avoiding taxes and nexus protect? I'm always skeptical dropping that much money on sites I'm not familiar with

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: nexus 6p ordered through Google or huawei?

I think their site is fine. But through Google you get that $50 Google Play card and Google's customer service is top notch in my few dealings with them.

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

Per Google's site, they give you 15 days to return the phone. Anyone know if they give you 30 days for California, like some of the other sites I've heard doing?...Thought I read that Moto gave Californians 30 days vs their standard 15 day policy.
Also, anyone have good or bad experience returning a phone bought from Google?

Returns & exchanges
Google wants you to love the devices and accessories that you buy from the Google Store. If you aren’t happy with something you bought, you can return an item within 15 calendar days after the day you received it. We’ll send a full refund (minus your original shipping & handling charges) to your original payment method within 14 business days after Google receives the device.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Is there any real difference between ordering the phone from Google or huawei besides avoiding taxes and nexus protect? I'm always skeptical dropping that much money on sites I'm not familiar with

Google support, they are great. I could elaborate if anyone cares to hear the rant but I'm stoked to be going back to google support and not having to deal with a retailer or OEM.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante