Nexus 6p maybe to tall?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone concerned about the height of the device it's about the same height as the iPhone 6plus just a tad taller. And compared to my brothers moto X pure it's a good bit taller actually. Ivr never had a phone this big before and while I'm super pumped for my order to arrive I feel this might be an issue.. What are your guys opinions?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You'll get used to the size pretty quickly. The height isn't as much of an issue as the width IMO, and the 6P is a lot less wide than the 6 from last year

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Ive already recieved a slim case for the 6p and have been playing with that in my hand the past few days. Not concerned one bit about getting used to the size.

toyanucci

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Today I played with Hauwei ascend mate 7 and g7. They are both about the size of the 6p. The mate 7 being slightly bigger with a 6" screen. They both felt great in hand and I'm shocked the 6p will be thinner than both as the g7 is thin as it is. I'll get used to the size pretty quick but I know it will be hard using it one handed like I'm using a galaxy grand prime now (borrowed till the 6p comes!). I'm laying in bed with one hand under my pillow and the other typing.

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I was in a Staples today and played around with an iPhone 6 Plus (they are almost identical in every dimension). Coming from OnePlus One, it was shocking how little difference there is (and I think 6 Pluses look sort of ridiculous in the wild in terms of size, but often it is due to insanely large cases).

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I was in a Staples today and played around with an iPhone 6 Plus (they are almost identical in every dimension). Coming from OnePlus One, it was shocking how little difference there is (and I think 6 Pluses look sort of ridiculous in the wild in terms of size, but often it is due to insanely large cases).

A very minimal thin case should be no problem then adding to the size.. Not talking an otterbox over here Haha

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Nexus 6 since launch and is the same height as the 6P. The height hasn't really bothered me and I have average to small hands.

What I like about the 6P is that it is thinner and narrower than the Nexus 6. I find that 6's width is a bit unwieldy, especially in one-handed use in trying to reach with my right thumb to something on the left. I've held the Moto X Pure and it feels great in the hand compared to the Nexus 6. I imagine the 6P will feel great too.

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It's a big phone, and that comes with trade-offs that you need to get used to, or not. I owned a Note 5 for a week, and noticed several places where I could put my G3 that the Note 5 would not fit so well ... it stuck out of my bike jersey pocket, and it was too heavy for my car sun visor to hold up, and I have one pair of pants that my G3 barely fits in the front pocket (height-wise), but I could not sit down with the Note 5 in that pocket ... the 6p will be even worse!

Still, I plan to get used to it, unless there are other things I just can't stand about the phone. Last year my sister thought my G3 was ridiculously large compared to her iPhone, and now she owns a G3 and loves it.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It's a big phone, and that comes with trade-offs that you need to get used to, or not. I owned a Note 5 for a week, and noticed several places where I could put my G3 that the Note 5 would not fit so well ... it stuck out of my bike jersey pocket, and it was too heavy for my car sun visor to hold up, and I have one pair of pants that my G3 barely fits in the front pocket (height-wise), but I could not sit down with the Note 5 in that pocket ... the 6p will be even worse!

Still, I plan to get used to it, unless there are other things I just can't stand about the phone. Last year my sister thought my G3 was ridiculously large compared to her iPhone, and now she owns a G3 and loves it.

Yeah, the bike jersey pocket thing is what has me cringing most. I know I have at least one pair of jeans that even my one M8 has problems with, but I'm not so worried about that as i am the bike jersey. Cant really leave my phone at home when I go out riding. That would be a time I would have an emergency and really need it.

But I'll make it work :)

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I think considering the screen size of the 6P and the front-facing speakers, the fact that it's the same height as an iPhone 6 Plus is an achievement. It may be hard to reach every corner, but that comes with the territory of getting a phone this size.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I think considering the screen size of the 6P and the front-facing speakers, the fact that it's the same height as an iPhone 6 Plus is an achievement. It may be hard to reach every corner, but that comes with the territory of getting a phone this size.

It's all relative, I've got a MXPE in hand now and it has the same size screen, dual front facing speakers and is still appreciably shorter than the N6P. The tradeoff is the the N6P is taller, wider but quite a bit thinner.

I'm sure they could have made it shorter and thinner but it wasn't worth the price hike.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
You'll get used to the size pretty quickly. The height isn't as much of an issue as the width IMO, and the 6P is a lot less wide than the 6 from last year

This... I pre-ordered on launch day the Nexus 6 last year and when I got it, I didn't like the feel at all. Now that was coming from a much smaller Nexus 4, but I have small hands and the width was too much to use functionality with one hand. Had to grip it with both hands all the time...LOL...
I ordered the 6P and looking forward to the width being smaller than last year's model. Watching reviews on it, doesn't look as big, but who knows :)

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

I have two words for you: Running Buddy. Ordering mine tomorrow.

Amazon.com : NEW! Running Buddy 6+ Buddy Pouch Black : Sports & Outdoors

Capture.JPG

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Ive already recieved a slim case for the 6p and have been playing with that in my hand the past few days. Not concerned one bit about getting used to the size.

Some people never get used to the size, but most do. The same same concerns were raised when the Nexus 6 came out. Now I can't imagine a smaller phone.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of the few people that wanted an even bigger N6 too. As long as they kept the bezels as small as possible. The Nexus 6 is the reason I don't feel the need for a tablet.
See I think I'm going to feel that way about the 6p. 5.7 inches is plenty, its a lot bigger than anything I've had in the past, and the moto nexus 6 was at that point that I think it would have been just a little too much. I mean I have said the same in the past about 5 inch screens, so maybe if a 6inch was done right I could get used to it, but right now I think my personal tipping point is between the 6 and 6p.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk