Will anyone dare use the 6P without a case?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just wondered if anyone is not going to bother with a case on the 6P as it is a big phone and for me I am concerned that a case will make it just too big for my daily use.

It was between the 6P and the Moto Pure/Style and if I had have got the style I wouldn't have put a case on it due to the materials used but the 6P is so lovely and maybe needs a case but then it will be too bulky won't it :)

I always protect my phones and when I do order the 6P I will install a tempered glass protector but I am not sure about putting a case on it due to the overall size of the phone, so is there anyone out there who is not going to case it and if so are you bothered about scratching the body at all?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I won't be using a case, as I've never used one for any phone I've owned, and it's mainly because I feel it adds bulk to a phone. I currently have no broken phones or cracked screens in any of my previous phones. I currently am rocking the Nexus 6 naked as well, though it does have a flat dbrand carbon fiber skin on the back, mainly for style.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I won't be using a case, as I've never used one for any phone I've owned, and it's mainly because I feel it adds bulk to a phone. I currently have no broken phones or cracked screens in any of my previous phones. I currently am rocking the Nexus 6 naked as well, though it does have a flat dbrand carbon fiber skin on the back, mainly for style.

Well that's good to know as I think I won't bother with a case at all, will you put a skin on it or just not bother :)

vomhorizon

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to case it either, also due to the size. I have ordered the Nexus Case however, and will play around with it and see if it adds too much size. There is also an option of adding a skin to protect from scratches and dings.

bigbadtone

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered (its despatched) that Quartz one with the weird texture on the back. Doesn't look too bulky at all from videos.

I'm on my third Nexus 5 (at my expense) since release day due to cracked screens. I'm certain that's a design flaw, but they've cracked when in my pocket (without a case) I think due to minute flex. Current n5 is cracked too so I've an excuse for the 6p but I'm never letting go naked.

choubaka

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I always used my phones naked and will again with the 6P. Maybe I'll try a skin on it this time around... Designs aren't out yet so we will see then.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol what is there to dare ... Use all my phones without cases. Don't like spoiling the look and feel of the phone with ugly cases.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Lol what is there to dare ... Use all my phones without cases. Don't like spoiling the look and feel of the phone with ugly cases.

:) well I said dare as it is something that will get scratched isn't it but I like the idea of not using a case myself as cases spoil the look of the phone for me.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of a middle ground. Way back when I was a Crackberry addict I had a nice leather sleeve for my phone. That happened to have been a very good option for me and my usage/lifestyle. It offered protection when I was carrying it around, but I also had the advantages (and, yes, a little risk) of going "naked" when I was actually using the device. I'm not sure why I haven't done that with any of my phones since but, partially because of the size and partially because I like the look of the chamfered edges on this phone so much, I think I'm going to try and find something similar for it. I've seen a couple; nothing I'm in love with yet, but hoping there may be more becoming available before too long.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of a middle ground. Way back when I was a Crackberry addict I had a nice leather sleeve for my phone. That happened to have been a very good option for me and my usage/lifestyle. It offered protection when I was carrying it around, but I also had the advantages (and, yes, a little risk) of going "naked" when I was actually using the device. I'm not sure why I haven't done that with any of my phones since but, partially because of the size and partially because I like the look of the chamfered edges on this phone so much, I think I'm going to try and find something similar for it. I've seen a couple; nothing I'm in love with yet, but hoping there may be more becoming available before too long.

One of my favorite BlackBerry accessories. I miss mine. When my 6p comes I will also go naked with it but will be possibly going to the priv and may go back with a leather sheath for that for nostalgia :)

Posted via the Android Central App

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll rock a case when I am working out and listening to music on Bluetooth headphones. Other than that I plan on going naked. Maybe a d brand skin if they have a nice design.

andreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't think of a time I've used a case on a phone. I remember buying one once but I ditched it not long after.
I love the replies from salespeople at the phone stores when I tell that to them while they're trying to sell me a case and tell me about ask the horrible things that can happen if I don't buy one.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a case on my phone for day to day activity so no case on the 6P. However I do use a case when I take my phone on bike rides or while at the gym. For the first few weeks I will use the phone without and then revert to my normal practice....cycling with case on...gym.when doing cardio or something involving a lot of movement - case on.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I will be. I rarely have my phone in my pocket when I'm at work so I usually have it on the tables and tools ends up on the table.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
There only time I use a case is when I go running in the morning, because there is no way to adhere the phone to my arm while running.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I've ordered (its despatched) that Quartz one with the weird texture on the back. Doesn't look too bulky at all from videos.

I'm on my third Nexus 5 (at my expense) since release day due to cracked screens. I'm certain that's a design flaw, but they've cracked when in my pocket (without a case) I think due to minute flex. Current n5 is cracked too so I've an excuse for the 6p but I'm never letting go naked.

My son had that happen with the G2. Maybe an LG problem. Luckily we had just gotten it and complained it came that way. Maybe such thin bezels hurt in that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz