Will anyone dare use the 6P without a case?

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Ive never used a case and I never will. A sleeve protector for when you put it in ur backback or something comes in handy. But def not a case.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
$89 for the plan + $79 deductible = $168. That just seems like a lot to fix a dent...

It's essentially a replacement at 66% off $500 retail, 70% off $549, and 74% off $649. A lot to fix a dent, sure, but if you've managed some cosmetic damage and want to run without a case from then on -- with the assurance of a 25% cost roll-back if or when the time comes -- it's a fairly straightforward way to do it.

I would love to not use a case on the 6P myself... but I'll just quote my thoughts from the cases thread:

We're in the same boat then. I would be very interested in a low-profile aluminum bumper-style case for the 6P, like these:

Kommandant Nexus 5 Ultra-Thin Metal Aluminum Case (here's a review of it)
DAYJOY Aluminum Bumper for Nexus 5

Wireless signal interference shouldn't be an issue as long as the metal material is formed to wrap around the 6P's raised antenna bump at the top of the phone. If I ever find the time, maybe I'll 3D print one in plastic to try it out and have it produced in DMLS titanium from Shapeways or Materialise if it works out well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Just a reminder...Let's keep the discussion legal and not discuss ways to fraud an insurance company. Illegal Activities are not to be discussed on this site as per the forum rules.

Offending posts have been removed. Thanks.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Noooo case on something this pretty. Plus I have nexus Protect (and yes that doesn't protect against bumps and scratches, but I don't care about those. This phone is with me all day every day, it's silly to expect it to be pristine after 2 years. If it's hidden behind a case then I won't even get to see it!). It's nice to know I can get it replaced in case of a catastrophic drop or crack, or if the hardware flat out fails like my N5 did after one year.

I have never used a case on my phone except my htc one m8 (mostly because it came with one) and because it was pretty slippery. Eventually took off the case and realized that it made me like the phone way more. Can't wait to admire this phone's construction and feel in the hand.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm concerned about aluminum being cold. Winter's coming.

I'll buy a clear case from Ringe FUSION whenever they make one and make a decision to use it or not. I have one on my N6, but it was $750 out the door. The N6P will be a tad more reasonable, so I might go naked.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I won't be using a case. Never been a fan of them.

And putting that solid metal unibody behind a rubber/plastic case could be a crime punishable by a long stint in jail. :p

RoadTripEric

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I never use a case. I'm pretty careful with my phones and most have held up well, however, I also tend to upgrade phones every 6 months or so and I guess that would be quick enough to minimize the damage. I do plan on keeping this N6P for a year, so I guess we will just have to see...

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've always had using a case on my phone beat into my head, even though I'm always careful and rarely (can't say never) drop my phone. However, with as sexy as this phone is, I'm planning on rocking it naked, at least initially. The only way I think I'd get a case on this is if I find it to be too slippery in my hands.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll go back and forth like I do now. 2 months off, a week or two on. Usually it takes me a while to find a case I like, except this time. Someone posted a code for this case, https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4776450 , in an article so I got it for $1.99 with free shipping. Got here today and it's actually a really nice slim case.

I'll still let that aluminum breathe 90% of the time though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used a case on a smartphone since my very first, and I don't see that changing since I've never had a problem before. I'll probably get some Toast, but that's it.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So then all of you guys who won't be using a case and I am surprised how many of you there are, but I am with you on not using a case on this beauty :) does that also mean you won't use a screen protector either?

Felix Garcia

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
i wont use a case the first few days....
i did buy a spigen case for it... i WILL use it for when i go outside for the whole day ( i work on an office)
but i will be buying a skin.. likely a dbrand skin or slickwraps.... that should also be good protection... it worked well for my N5

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
So then all of you guys who won't be using a case and I am surprised how many of you there are, but I am with you on not using a case on this beauty :) does that also mean you won't use a screen protector either?

Screen protectors are the worst. I find it amazing that anybody would put up with them. They will not prevent your screen from cracking if you drop it. How could you degrade this beautiful screen by covering it up. I have never used them, and I have never gotten even one scratch on any of my phones. Just don't stick your phone in your pocket with your keys.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors are the worst. I find it amazing that anybody would put up with them. They will not prevent your screen from cracking if you drop it. How could you degrade this beautiful screen by covering it up. I have never used them, and I have never gotten even one scratch on any of my phones. Just don't stick your phone in your pocket with your keys.

Thanks that is a very liberating answer and I will go with that as I usually spend so much time reading reviews on screen protectors and faffing about trying to fit one!!!