still waiting for my 6P here.

It's not the first time for me upgrading an android phone, but I am trying see what everyone else does on AC for data transfers.
    I think in the past I just upload everything to my g+ photos. My contacts and apps usually are just auto syced up on new device. One of the first things I do is to make my new phone look exactly like my old phone. Widgets, backgrounds, etc.

What are you guys doing ? cables? apps? usb to pc?

Also I am wondering if I am going to miss anything from M8. Hope the new menu buttons and white menu background won't get hard to get used to ... or best yet... customizable
    Shuckster likes this.
    10-26-2015 02:18 AM
    Most things I always ensure are constantly being baked up.

The only real pain are SMS and MMS messages that there's not a terribly good solution for. For those, I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SBackupRestore which backs up my messages to Google Drive periodically. It's about the best solution I've found for that.

As for widgets, backgrounds, etc., depending on your launcher, you might be able to easily back up the configuration if they provide that option.
    10-26-2015 04:48 AM
    Update:
    just remembered ...
    Other than sycing the photos to my google photos, I plug old phone to USB & copy the important folders & files to my pc:

1. photo folder
    2. ring tones + clock alarm ring tone (it's hard to get used to new ones)
    3. downloadload folder
    4. anyother photo folder that contain photos I posted on Instagram, Vine, Plume, etc

Then I connect new phone and past those into new phone.
    10-26-2015 01:36 PM
    Out of curiosity, anyone familiar with how you transfer all your android wear apps from one phone to another? Do you just download android wear on the new phone, try to install all the same apps, and then sync your watch, or is there some more streamlined way to do it?
    10-26-2015 01:40 PM
    I use a new phone as a way to bring as little forward as possible. photos are in google photos, contacts are in the cloud. The rest, eh. If I need it it will eventually make its way onto the new phone.
    10-26-2015 01:43 PM
    Out of curiosity, anyone familiar with how you transfer all your android wear apps from one phone to another? Do you just download android wear on the new phone, try to install all the same apps, and then sync your watch, or is there some more streamlined way to do it?
    When you start up your new phone, you will have an option to tap to sync with your old phone; which will basically copy all your apps and many of your settings from the old phone to the new one. Once all your apps are downloaded, you simply need to connect your watch to Android Wear on the new phone (you do need to disconnect the watch from the old phone and likely factory reset the watch to completely "unpair" it from your old device). Once the watch is successfully connected to Android Wear on the new phone, it will sync the apps from your phone to the watch.
    Shadnic likes this.
    10-26-2015 02:56 PM