Nexus 6P - Thoughts on the dbrand skins?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Thoughts on the dbrand skins?

I agree the Dbrand skin improves the grip but I wouldn't say it makes the grip "good". Better but not good. I still use a TPU case (clear) to enhance the gripability and to reduce slipping and sliding when the phone is on a desk or night stand.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

The colors for the X in nexus are cut incorrectly - they are too small. Looks fine from a distance but janky up close. The cover for the back glass looks fine though.

View attachment 214505

Outlined for your viewing pleasure

View attachment 214506

Replacements arrived, same issue on the colored dashes for the X and also the white letters. I know I ordered for the nexus 6p because I got a rear glass skin at the same time (which does fit).

Oh well, just a few bucks :)

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

How well do these things hold up to scratches and scuffs? I have a diztronic case on my 6p now and it has a few scuffs on the case just from my 2 year old getting a hold or going into and out of my pocket at work. If it was a dbrand skin instead of my case would the skin get trashed? I'm not talking gashes or scratches just a really light scuff.

Posted via the Android Central App

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm not happy with dbrand at all. First, they are REALLY expensive. Second, they don't fit! The Nexus stickers are too small for the letters. The e doesn't fit all the way. The x lines aren't long enough. The n isn't shaped properly. I put them on with tweezers and I'm pretty good at stuff like this. Not happy at all.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm not happy with dbrand at all. First, they are REALLY expensive. Second, they don't fit! The Nexus stickers are too small for the letters. The e doesn't fit all the way. The x lines aren't long enough. The n isn't shaped properly. I put them on with tweezers and I'm pretty good at stuff like this. Not happy at all.

"REALLY" expensive? I just got the rear but only paid $10, seems reasonable to me ... they gotta make a profit too, so not sure how much cheaper you'd expect them to be.

that seems like a common issue. just call customer service and they'll ship another one out. like the OP said though, it's possible the replacement will have the same issue. that doesn't work just ask for a refund.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

The letters for my 6P fit just fine. The 5X not so much. There will be some variance.

IMG_9939.jpg

Last edited:

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Got the full nexus cutout and all the silver letters and colored X fit perfectly. This skin looks factory installed. Love it. Also adds just enough grip compared to naked.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm jumping in and ordering one tomorrow. I found a wicked color combo that's really speaking to me. Looks well priced

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

My copper skin, matte black camera skin and white nexus letters are on their way. Looking forward to ditching the full case and showing it off with a rhinosheild bumper

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone given the orange dbrand a spin? I'm considering ordering it but haven't seen it on the forums actually on a phone.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone given the orange dbrand a spin? I'm considering ordering it but haven't seen it on the forums actually on a phone.

Maybe check twitter? I see people constantly posting pictures of their phones, so maybe one of them has the orange one :)

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

I found this one. Hope it helps :)

Attachments

• 2984.jpg
    2984.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 104

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Just ordered one for my 6P. I'm going to have to be more careful with this install. I've been completely incapable of installing these in the past.

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

No doubts...fits perfectly and the best solution for slippery back. the skins feels good and no needs for any cases after you apply the skin. most recommended. but be careful while applying because you cannot reuse it after its applied.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I like dbrand skins! I have one on my note 5, iphone 6 plus,6s plus and nexus 6p. check it on my youtube.com/stayflyer channel I did a video on them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc