Naked or Case?

Naked or Case?

• Total voters

anon(7894762)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Think I'll go naked for a while. If I'm too uncomfortable with that I think I'll move up to a dbrand skin and if that's not cutting it then the spigen case.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I use a case when I'm out in the world, but it's naked at home. I have to take some time to appreciate its beauty!

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll try it naked at first. If that isn't working, I'll put a slim TPU case on it. I've used my HTC One M8 naked most of the time I've had it.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Naked all the way! I haven't used a case on a phone I have owned since 08-09. Never cracked a screen either. I don't see the point of putting all that extra crap onto a phone, and just adding more bulk.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I dont really know at this point. I purchased a case and screen protector, but I've since been thinking about putting a dbrand skin on it instead. Will definitely be using a screen protector regardless, if for nothing else to prevent scratches to the screen itself.

I think I just want to show off NEXUS on the back :)

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying a skin. Which is more or less naked.

will help for small scratches and dings, so its something, but drops not so much. That's why I'm still on the fence. I dont often drop my phones but I have a good one or two drops during the span of using each one that would have really made me cringe if I didnt have a case on it.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Nekkid. The 1st blemish or two will hurt, but I always get to a point where I don't really care anymore (dropping it notwithstanding).

Last edited:

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Naked. I've had the Nexus 4 for almost three years, and it's been sans case the vast majority of the time. I've dropped it several times onto ceramic tile and concrete, and amazingly it doesn't have a single scratch, ding or crack. The 6P has an aluminum back, so it should be even tougher than the N4 with its glass back.

The N4 also is the last phone that I'll get a screen protector for. One reason is because I've never had a scratched protector. Another is because the 6P has 4th gen Gorilla Glass.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
For those going naked, are you extra anal about how you handle your phone and where you place it?

Are you cool w/"scratches happen" and will just roll with them?

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I would love to go naked but I have had too many bad things happen to phones so I am going with the nice Nexus case off the Google Store. It is very nice and the grip is excellent!

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Always a case and SP. I work hard for what little money I make and don't want to ruin my phone. I'm also very OCD about my phone and case, so much so that even if one of my cases gets a scratch, I stop using it. I protect my phone like it's a showpiece. I almost don't want to use it for fear of damaging it. I treat all my things as if they were priceless treasures, and they tend to last a long time.

Most people I know have cracked screens and scratched up backs. I couldn't sleep at night with a phone like that.

vomhorizon

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Regardless of the color of the aluminum it does have a tendency to scuff up and scratch and this is true regardless of which OEM uses the material. If you are OCD about scratches and dings then I would cover it up. I am casing it even though I have Nexus Protect. Btw not sure whether this has been posted here but there is a video doing drop tests comparisons with another alluminium phone - the iphone 6s+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EacHn7NID7U

FrogVomit

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
For those going naked, are you extra anal about how you handle your phone and where you place it?

Are you cool w/"scratches happen" and will just roll with them?

I don't know what this has to do with my but hole, but I'm very careful about where I put it, and I'm mindful when pocketing and unpocketing. I've owned a smartphone since before they were called smartphones, never used a case or screen protector for more than a week, and have never had worse than barely visible scratches, and the occasional small nick. I have dropped most of my phones once or twice. With this phone being a bit dense, I'm not expecting it to bounce real well, so I'm being extra careful.

Last edited:

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Naked: the phone feels just right in my hand. I'm not bothered by little dings or scratches which are inevitable if you "go naked", but (knock on wood) I've never had any serious damage to any of my phones over the years so I don't bother with cases.

njstone9

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Always a case and SP. I work hard for what little money I make and don't want to ruin my phone. I'm also very OCD about my phone and case, so much so that even if one of my cases gets a scratch, I stop using it. I protect my phone like it's a showpiece. I almost don't want to use it for fear of damaging it. I treat all my things as if they were priceless treasures, and they tend to last a long time.

Most people I know have cracked screens and scratched up backs. I couldn't sleep at night with a phone like that.

But what case? Apple and Samsung still have the advantage in terms of manufacturers prioritising their devices. For this big phone, a special kind of case is needed. I like the look (though definitely not the price) of the official Google case but no one has drop tested it yet (as far as I know).

I'm waiting for the crash guard bumper which they say will be available mid December but now they've released this play proof case, I've turned my attention towards that. It is thin, provides the drop protection, and you can easily take it off if you want to hold the phone naked.

But will they produce it for the Nexus 6p? Maybe. But maybe not for months! I've asked on their Facebook page but no answer yet.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
After more than a week, I'm staying naked.

I get why others want protection on their phone. Until my previous device, I always wore a case & screen protection. I guess I'm just over it. I don't have the protection plan. I'll deal w/any stuff as it comes. If something major happens, or I can't get past a dent, scratch, crack or whatever, I'll sell at a loss if I can and get something else.

In the meantime, the plan is to do my best to not let that happen and enjoy my naked phone. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781