Can you give the Google Play Music 90 days to someone else?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my 6P. I'm already a Google Play Music subscriber, so the 90 day trial is no good to me. Can I give this away to a friend or will it be tied to my account/name in some way?

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my 6P. I'm already a Google Play Music subscriber, so the 90 day trial is no good to me. Can I give this away to a friend or will it be tied to my account/name in some way?

I was wondering this too. The card just says, open the Play Music app to enjoy the promotion. So I'd imagine you'd have to log someone else into Google services before opening play music for the first time.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering this too. The card just says, open the Play Music app to enjoy the promotion. So I'd imagine you'd have to log someone else into Google services before opening play music for the first time.

Ah. I see. It registers you via the activation. Bummer. I'm not sure I want to give it away bad enough to have someone else set up my new phone with their Google account.

We'll played, Google. Though I do hate "new customers only" promos that actually penalize you for being a loyal paying customer.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Ah. I see. It registers you via the activation. Bummer. I'm not sure I want to give it away bad enough to have someone else set up my new phone with their Google account.

We'll played, Google. Though I do hate "new customers only" promos that actually penalize you for being a loyal paying customer.

yeah, that's my thought. and I was somewhat perplexed that I can't use the promo. I don't even subscribe currently but have in the past, so it still wouldn't let me take part in the promotion. I'll just stick with Spotify ;)

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible that if you have a subscription Google will suspend payments until the 90 days are up?

Posted via the Android Central App

No, it states "new customers" only. From what I've seen, you can't currently have Play Music nor have had a free trial of Play Music in the last year.

Edit: the terms state you can not have had a free trial or subscribed to Google Play Music in the previous 12 months.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
No, it states "new customers" only. From what I've seen, you can't currently have Play Music nor have had a free trial of Play Music in the last year.

Edit: the terms state you can not have had a free trial or subscribed to Google Play Music in the previous 12 months.

Can't really complain. Google gave me 6 months to try Google music all access and just last week gave me 90 days of YouTube red which comes with all access.

thegadgetguroo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had Google Play since it's inception so I pay the discounted monthly rate. No way I'm canceling. Had I known this I would of just ordered from Huawei.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
They basically gave me 3 months and another 10 of free service with the credits. I can't complain. I switched over from Spotify and like it just as much.

KidCuda

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe someone should try logging in their friend onto their device to see if it works? I have the discounted price already too.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have GPM at the 7.99 price, does that include YouTube red?

Go to YouTube on a computer and log in with your Google account. If you have it, it'll have the YouTube Red logo in the top left.

Or go to the app and look under account. It should say YouTube Red there as well.

d005190aa9b6aeb7738fa0da4a1a6989.jpg

Last edited:

vomhorizon

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I had never used GPM but will most likely continue after the 3 month period is over if youtube red is bundled with it. I just wish they would have allowed us to use the $50 google play credit on further extending the GPM beyond the 3 months.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had never used GPM but will most likely continue after the 3 month period is over if youtube red is bundled with it. I just wish they would have allowed us to use the $50 google play credit on further extending the GPM beyond the 3 months.

It is bundled with it. I am a subscriber to GPM and it gave me YouTube Red.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle