need to activate 3 Project Fi SIM cards... can I borrow my friend's 6P to do it?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I had a Nexus 6 and I used that to activate my first Project Fi SIM card a few weeks ago. However, I immediately put that SIM card into my Note 5 and have been using it perfectly ever since. I trade the Nexus 6 to Verizon for a $300 Verizon gift card.

Last week, I got the Project Fi invites for three of my other Gmail addresses. I signed up and received 3 more Project Fi SIM cards today. I had completely forgotten that I no longer had a Nexus phone to activate them with.

My friend will be buying a 6P soon. He has no intention of using Project Fi at all because he gets unlimited data/text/voice with the Verizon SIM card that his company issued him.

can I borrow his 6P and activate my three new Project Fi SIM cards? I plan to use those three in my other two Note 5 phones as well as the hardwired installed(non-removable) GSM voice-only phone in my car.

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that someone was able to activate a new Project Fi sim in a non-Nexus device. Not sure if that's true, but it's worth a shot. Put the sim in the phone you plan to use it with and see what happens.

masteriosa

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey Badkitties. I tried to PM but didn't have the permissions to do it and didn't know how I could reach you otherwise. Could you please tell me about your satisfaction with Project Fi on the Note5? Is Wifi calling operational? Also, any other annoyances with the service?
Thanks.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Badkitties. I tried to PM but didn't have the permissions to do it and didn't know how I could reach you otherwise. Could you please tell me about your satisfaction with Project Fi on the Note5? Is Wifi calling operational? Also, any other annoyances with the service?
Thanks.

Project Fi SIM card worked perfectly on my Verizon Galaxy Note 5. It obviously only works on T-Mobile's network. Voice/text/data all work fine. (but data is slow, but that's just because T-Mobile doesn't have 4G in my area just yet) Wi-Fi calling does not work, since it's not a feature on the Note 5.

I wanted the Project Fi acct mostly as a way to make/receive calls and get some slow data while I travel in Europe.