Owners, is the 6P really a quality product?

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That's the quandary I am having and I just don't know which phone to get as the Pure/Style really appeals to me and so does the 6P but it's still the Amoled screen I would need to get used to and I have read that quite a few people have uneven whites and different colour hues on the 6P screen at certain angles is that just an Amoled thing? It might come down to price as the Style 32gb is £150 less than the 64gb 6P and I know I will still be getting a great phone and I would feel better using the Moto without a case as I know with the 6P that Aluminium will get scratched before I know it :)

The Moto X pure edition is a great choice if you want to save money. Seriously, I've got both devices and I like the both the same. The Moto X has a better one handed feel and yeah, I'm way more confident using it without a case. The 6p is solid, but feels like it will dent or scratch easy. Honestly, take it from a guy who has both, the Moto X pure edition is just as good as the 6p.

Posted via the Android Central App

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X pure edition is a great choice if you want to save money. Seriously, I've got both devices and I like the both the same. The Moto X has a better one handed feel and yeah, I'm way more confident using it without a case. The 6p is solid, but feels like it will dent or scratch easy. Honestly, take it from a guy who has both, the Moto X pure edition is just as good as the 6p.

Thanks for that Austin :) the money isn't the issue as I would pay the extra for the 6P but I am so unsure about Chinese build quality as I have read posts here and on the XDA forums saying that the fit and finish is a bit iffy with the bottom panel raised at one side and the screen not sat in properly etc also there is a thread on there about poor build quality so that is the main reason I am still unsure and of course I could easily use the Style without a case and as much as I would want to do the same with the 6P I just know that it will scratch easily! But then will the Style get updates for a good while, hey it's stressful choosing a new phone isn't it :)

I do appreciate that there will be build issues with any product but the Chinese are known for churning a lot of products out quickly but with the overall quality suffering.

amr ashraf mostafa

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that Austin :) the money isn't the issue as I would pay the extra for the 6P but I am so unsure about Chinese build quality as I have read posts here and on the XDA forums saying that the fit and finish is a bit iffy with the bottom panel raised at one side and the screen not sat in properly etc also there is a thread on there about poor build quality so that is the main reason I am still unsure and of course I could easily use the Style without a case and as much as I would want to do the same with the 6P I just know that it will scratch easily! But then will the Style get updates for a good while, hey it's stressful choosing a new phone isn't it :)

I do appreciate that there will be build issues with any product but the Chinese are known for churning a lot of products out quickly but with the overall quality suffering.

İ think you are totaly wrong about the quality of huawei.
The fit and finish of huawei is perfect better than many known brands,
İ have used sony z1 ,samsung s3,and finally have huawei ascend g7.and to be honest the g7 have the same quality like the z1 and far better in quality than the s3.
So the nexus 6p shall have the same quality level huawei is used to.
May be you see a defected unit .
But that is not the trend.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't love my gear 2 I would be seriously looking at new moto turbo with toughest screen yet. Kind of a cool feature. The 6P is nice too but I'm stuck with Sammy to use gear 2.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies so far so it seems like the build quality is good so now I have to get my head around the yellowish whites that people seem to be getting as in side by side comparisons to other phones it does look yellow, would I cope with that :) I have an Xperia Z3 at present which has really bright whites :)

Pocket now calls it a sickly green hue white. and its tough to read in sunlight so only use the 6p in doors.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have my concerns about a Chinese phone as well. But, I've had this phone for a day and it is probably the nicest phone I've owned in 20 years. The aluminum finish on the back with the subtle bulge for the camera feels great in my hands. It's the perfect weight. The edges are smooth and the fit and finish is superb. This is hands down nicer looking when compared to the N6.

I guess time will tell if the internal hardware stands up. But what is the life of a phone these days for most people? 1-2 years? 3 tops?

My bias is that if you are a Nexus user (I've had 4 of them), you are generally the person that wants something pure and something first. Well, if you're going to be this type of person, the N6P is for you.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

I somewhat have to laugh at this since the iPhone, which everyone claims has the highest build quality, is as about as much a Chinese phone as the 6P.

happy2000hk

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
This thing feels more premium to me than a iPhone 6s plus. That's the only takeaway you need. It feels like the highest quality and best phone I've ever seen or used.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Pocket now calls it a sickly green hue white. and its tough to read in sunlight so only use the 6p in doors.

I can tell you don't actually have the phone. If you did you'd know that it's fine in the sunlight. No problems at all. The minor "hue" is from gorilla glass 4.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you don't actually have the phone. If you did you'd know that it's fine in the sunlight. No problems at all. The minor "hue" is from gorilla glass 4.

Yeah I was curious about that because I've watched and read all the reviews, including pocket now and didn't remember seeing or hearing that mentioned.

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It was confirmed as a fake about a dozen times already if you read past the first post in the thread

Pretty sure it was real. He really scratched the phone with a harder object than the screen was rated for. Then thoroughly broke the screen. Then hit it with a lighter. Then bent the phone in half. Had he not scratched the screen the way he did it would not have bent the way it did.

But then that's probably what you meant when you said it was fake.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's a comparison of GG3 vs GG4. The break test is at the end. The GG4 will take quite a bit of stress before breaking.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This phone is amazing! The only thing I keep forgetting about is the fingerprint sensor, halfway through inputting my pin I realize all I have to do is put my finger on the sensor.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
This phone is amazing! The only thing I keep forgetting about is the fingerprint sensor, halfway through inputting my pin I realize all I have to do is put my finger on the sensor.

Ha, yeah, same thing happened to me. Had the phone for a day before I realized there was a fingerprint sensor in back.

This is the best phone experience I've seen in a long time. And I've owned every major phone that's ever been released.

rajendra82

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

I thought I was the only one that did that. I am so used to the Nexus 5 over the past two years, and the lock screen on the Nexus 6P looks the same, so I immediately start typing the PIN, and then it hits me that there is a fingerprint icon down there.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well thanks for all the comments and pretty much all positive as well :) I haven't owned a Nexus before but it is the pure Android plus future updates that I wanted, and I really want a 5.7" screen as well, one last question how is the screen brightness is it a nice bright panel as my Xperia Z3 has a bright display and what sort of percentage do you have it set to?

The only other obstacle is that it will cost another 40% on top of the Style price and even though I do prefer the looks/battery etc I know the Style is not dissimilar in specs etc so do I spend the extra that is what I am wrestling with now :)

Thanks

Last edited:

m3rt32

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I think both nexus's which released this year are useless.I expect 4 gb ram and snapdragon 820 with nexus 6p.It could be delayed.But it would be good.But now,its not really makes a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12