Has anyone seen any running cases or armbands for the 6p yet? They are still pretty scarce.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2015 08:23 AM
    Look on amazon. iPhone 6+ or 6s+ is the same size so if you can find one for those it should work for 6P. I believe Note 5 is similar size too so may check for running cases for that as well.
    10-31-2015 08:27 AM
    Look on amazon. iPhone 6+ or 6s+ is the same size so if you can find one for those it should work for 6P. I believe Note 5 is similar size too so may check for running cases for that as well.
    Thanks. I tried, but a lot of the cases I saw were just weird looking. Hey though your right, I forgot the form factor is basically the same as an iPhone 6s+

10-31-2015 08:39 AM
    Has anyone seen any running cases or armbands for the 6p yet? They are still pretty scarce.

I use a spibelt. Google spibelt. So much better than an arm band.

Posted via my 5x
    10-31-2015 09:56 AM

Posted via my 5x
    I've used a Spibelt the past couple of years as well. The only thing is that you can't really interact with your phone while it's in the belt (you have to take it out). But I rarely need to look at my phone while running, so it's not a big deal. I know some people use the armbands that have a clear screen so they can do things with their phone while it's still in the band.
    10-31-2015 10:21 AM
    I've used a Spibelt the past couple of years as well. The only thing is that you can't really interact with your phone while it's in the belt (you have to take it out). But I rarely need to look at my phone while running, so it's not a big deal. I know some people use the armbands that have a clear screen so they can do things with their phone while it's still in the band.
    true. I just know it's damn near impossible to interact with your phone in an armband too. But I also use an Android Wear watch, so I can change music, control MapMyRun, and reply to texts, etc. while on a run, all without interacting with my phone. My favorite armbands are the TuneBands, that don't have that chincy plastic screen covering your phone. It makes it so much easier to interact with the phone, but still kind of cumbersome: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4791975
    10-31-2015 12:40 PM
    That's what I did for a leather pouch.

10-31-2015 02:50 PM

Posted via my 5x
    I use one of those when I wear running tights for my house keys. I used a supcase armband for my N6. That was pretty good it let you interact with the phone while on the move. I usually ignore any notifications that come in, but I'll change a song here and there. Supcase made one for the 5x, but nothing for the 6P

10-31-2015 03:50 PM
    I've been looking for an armband as well. I run with two water bottles on my hips and the pouch just fits my keys.
    10-31-2015 04:25 PM
    Anyone try the Armpocket i-35 or i-40? Wondering which would fit best with a case and how big the i-40 is. No stores have on in stock near me.
    11-05-2015 08:09 AM
    I've ordered the JOTO Sport Armband:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4805198

No reviews but it should be delivered Monday. I'll be running on Tuesday to test it out, so we'll see how it goes then!
    11-05-2015 08:15 AM
    11-05-2015 08:21 AM
    I've ordered the JOTO Sport Armband:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4833658

No reviews but it should be delivered Monday. I'll be running on Tuesday to test it out, so we'll see how it goes then!
    What are your thoughts on the armband?

11-15-2015 04:09 PM
    What are your thoughts on the armband?

It seems okay. I've really only used it once before deciding that I didn't really want to run with my Nexus 6P (I have a spare Moto G that I use for that usually). There was a little wobbling but that's just the nature of running with a phablet holstered on a scrawny arm like mine. Otherwise, it holds the phone pretty well. There are two slits for arm size adjustment and the plastic screen which can receive touch inputs. I noticed the band started slipping slightly when I began sweating, but managed to hold on right above my elbow.
    11-16-2015 06:53 AM
    It seems okay. I've really only used it once before deciding that I didn't really want to run with my Nexus 6P (I have a spare Moto G that I use for that usually). There was a little wobbling but that's just the nature of running with a phablet holstered on a scrawny arm like mine. Otherwise, it holds the phone pretty well. There are two slits for arm size adjustment and the plastic screen which can receive touch inputs. I noticed the band started slipping slightly when I began sweating, but managed to hold on right above my elbow.
    Hmmm that's slightly disappointing. I was thinking about getting the joto band. I may just keep my N6 as my running phone the supcase rubber case/armband is quite good

11-16-2015 08:18 AM
    This option is a little pricey but, you can use the same mount mechanism from the armband, car mount, bike mount, wall mount, tripod mount, etc. Quad Lock ‐ Other Devices

Since they don't have a case for the 6P, they make a small universal disk that sticks to the back of any solid back case. I use this on my bike and car mount and it locks the phone in place tight, you have to push down the blue collar/tab and then twist the phone out. It also allows you to attach the phone in landscape or portrait mode depending on how you twist lock it on without moving the mount.
    11-16-2015 09:09 AM
    I used an armband for cycling in the past, but with the 6p I am going to get a cycling jersey and just slip it into the back pocket because of the larger size. I realize that this is not an ideal solution for runners, but I wanted to post just in case we have other cyclists lurking 'out there' .
    11-16-2015 09:40 AM
    Hi DMC,

Please tell me the 6P case you are using with the quad lock. I now use a case made of TPU by Spigen which is not hard plastic and which the Quad people say won't stick to the adhesive. Also, how well is everything working out note?

Thanks,
    Larry
    04-28-2016 06:57 PM
    I just couldn't justify forcing such a big phone to sit on my arm. Ended up getting a running belt type thing instead - I like having the additional space for more stuff as opposed to an armband, but it's still an adjustment.
    05-01-2016 09:08 AM
    I bought one off of Amazon. The moko silicone running band. The only bad thing about it is, the band's for it come in 2 sizes, stupidly small, and can wrap around your arm 2 times and still be loose.

05-01-2016 12:20 PM
    I just couldn't justify forcing such a big phone to sit on my arm. Ended up getting a running belt type thing instead - I like having the additional space for more stuff as opposed to an armband, but it's still an adjustment.
    Until a knee injury, I've run a few half marathons and 10k races during the year. I also recommend a running belt, especially if you are using a phone with more than a 5 inch screen. I use something like this:

Amazon.com : Nonwe Outdoor Flexible Sports Running Belt Waist Packs : Sports & Outdoors

At the fitness expos that typically happen before a race, there's a lot of vendors who sell that type of running belt. You can easily test them out to see if your phone fits. One side of the belt holds my phone and the other side holds my car key and energy gels.
    05-03-2016 02:27 PM
    I agree the armband was NOT a good option for me, it never fit properly and I never liked the feel of it on my arm. The belts look ok, but they don't seem like they fit snug. I found something called the bodyband, it fits nice!! Here is the link www.bodybandusa.com
    06-14-2016 09:21 PM