Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
You still had to root and make a change. WIth FoxFi, you don't have to root or make a change..
Because foxfi was doing the entitlement hack for you.

Same thing. Two different ways of doing it.

No idea why you're arguing about this. 6P works out of the box.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Because foxfi was doing the entitlement hack for you.

Same thing. Two different ways of doing it.

No idea why you're arguing about this. 6P works out of the box.

So you're saying that there is no entitlement check for the 6P and that if I cancelled my $30 per month Hotwspot charge, VZW wouldn't know? and you've varified this to be true for Verizon's Unlimited Data Plan? Come back next month and let me know if it's still true. If so, I'll switch to the 6P. Hell, it'll pay for itself within a year of saving $30 per month.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying that there is no entitlement check for the 6P and that if I cancelled my $30 per month Hotwspot charge, VZW wouldn't know? and you've varified this to be true for Verizon's Unlimited Data Plan? Come back next month and let me know if it's still true. If so, I'll switch to the 6P. Hell, it'll pay for itself within a year of saving $30 per month.
Yes, no entitlement check, works out of the box. I've never paid $30 for hotspot when I already pay for unlimited. What is there to verify?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, no entitlement check, works out of the box. I've never paid $30 for hotspot when I already pay for unlimited. What is there to verify?

You've never paid because you've always found a work around. Just so you know:

"What if I have an old Verizon unlimited data plan? Can I download an app and avoid the $20 tethering fee too?

Unfortunately, the answer to this question is no. Verizon says that customers under the unlimited plan are required by the company's terms of service to pay an additional fee to tether their device."

This question was asked after the FCC ruling that found Verizon could not charge for tethering on the tiered data plans. If you're on UDP, you are still required to pay the additional $30 per Verizon's policy. I'm not saying you can't work around it, but I am saying that it is a requirement for those of us on UDP. Since I use so much data each month, I'll keep paying the additional charge.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I know people using 50 to 100GB a month without paying that stupid fee. It's your UDP, use it.

I'm not the first to tether, I won't be the last.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI as of a couple days ago FoxFi hotspot was once again blocked by Verizon. I have been using it without any problems and use 60 plus GB of data a month. Today I just added the Verizon hotspot, every with the extra $30 nobody can beat the price vs how much data I use.

This is not the first time it has been blocked and FoxFi fixed it, so it may be just a matter of time before it's fixed again.

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI as of a couple days ago FoxFi hotspot was once again blocked by Verizon. I have been using it without any problems and use 60 plus GB of data a month. Today I just added the Verizon hotspot, every with the extra $30 nobody can beat the price vs how much data I use.

This is not the first time it has been blocked and FoxFi fixed it, so it may be just a matter of time before it's fixed again.
Why? Hotspot is not blocked on the 6p. No need to pay $30 more a month.

JCHAOS

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
My portable hotspot on the phone has never worked. I get a pop up saying I need to go to att.com/mywireless or call 611. My carrier is cricket.

Installed pdanet and can't activate that way either. pop up says error: connectivity service: neither user xxxx nor current process has android.permission. CONNECTIVITY_INTERNAL. Had no problem with pdanet on me last phone, galaxy grande, rooted. Any ideas ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21