Nexus 6p battery

Jcblack3310

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I know this is a ongoing discussion with battery life, but my nexus 6p is having battery issues. I've done a complete reset of the device, two times, deleted Facebook, turned everything off that I possibly can and the phone still just drains battery. Can someone look at my battery info and tell me what you think is going on because I've watched YouTube videos, read forums, and contacted Google about if. I'm lucky to get two hours of SOT with keeping the screen fairly dim. LTE and Wifi signal are strong so I don't see that being the issue. Last, I've cleared all cache on the device as well. Still no luck, so please help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Here

More

One more

Attachments

• 23337.jpg
    23337.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 23334.jpg
    23334.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 23335.jpg
    23335.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 23336.jpg
    23336.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Your play services look high. I tried turning off Now Cards in my google preferences and that helped. You might try turning off Google Now stuff for a couple of days to see if that helps. The other thing you may try is turning off Cellular data for a day to see what happens. Lastly, I'd try turning off wifi on another day to compare. Turning off one thing at a time to see how it affects SOT would help to get to the bottom of it.

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
It can be a bit random. I use an app called LTE discovery. It normally works just fine. Just noticed today that it ate up my battery. Not sure why?

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
My battery has sucked ever since the March Security Update. I can barely hit 3 and a half hours of SOT or even 3 where I use to hit 4:30 to 5 hours SOT before it. I'm disappointed and I will try to clear cache and see if that helps because I'm disappointed like I said

#TeamFrosty Nexus 6P

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The absolute fail which is the battery life for my Nexus 6P summarized in two screenshots:

Battery6P.jpg BatteryOPO.jpg

The red-colored GSam shot is from my Nexus 6P with no Facebook, no GasBuddy, only one widget (Fancy Widgets clock/weather), using Airplane+Wi-Fi mode because Project Fi can use my work's wifi for calls and the abysmal cell signal is mooted, running Greenify (non-rooted) with experimental Aggressive Doze turned on. I factory reset my phone a week ago in an attempt to see if it would help. Running Marshmallow.

The green-colored GSam shot is from my OnePlus One WITH Facebook, WITH GasBuddy, Falcon Widget for Twitter (manual update), HD Widgets clock/weather widget, Straight Talk (meaning at work the poor signal was draining battery), rooted running Greenify. Nothing much special done to conserve battery life; everything is turned on. Running Lollipop.

Both phones are at 2.5 hours SOT, but the OPO has been off the charger 40 HOURS LONGER and has 10% more battery left!

I used the OPO for 15 months before getting the OP2 (dumb impulse buy) for six weeks before the N6P arrived and I was so used to plugging it on only because it had been quite a while, not because it was bleeding out. Now I'm constantly worried about running out of juice. Always needing to plug it in someplace as it averages 5%/hr drain anywhere outside of the house and soaring past 10%/hr, even on wifi, if cell signal is anything less than massive.

When I see all the posts bragging about 5+ hours SOT, burbling "dat doze tho", I just want to scream. Love the 6P in concept, but in actual use, it has been a massive disappointment. I'm sure Google will announce "even better battery life" with Android N, but considering they've been peddling that lie since forever and it never seems to arrive, I'm not buying it. Damn shame they don't seem to give a rat's patoot about fixing the #1 problem people have with smartphones.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
After reading through the last page of comments here, I am glad to know I am not the only one with less battery life after the March security update spectacular. It looks like the new and improved version of doze is to blame. Look at you battery usage when you get up in the morning. I fully charged mine last night, unplugged, went to bed and when I woke up I checked it. Not the usual flat line. It started flat but then a nice rounded curve to 83%. Not good at all.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The absolute fail which is the battery life for my Nexus 6P summarized in two screenshots:

View attachment 223508 View attachment 223509

The red-colored GSam shot is from my Nexus 6P with no Facebook, no GasBuddy, only one widget (Fancy Widgets clock/weather), using Airplane+Wi-Fi mode because Project Fi can use my work's wifi for calls and the abysmal cell signal is mooted, running Greenify (non-rooted) with experimental Aggressive Doze turned on. I factory reset my phone a week ago in an attempt to see if it would help. Running Marshmallow.

The green-colored GSam shot is from my OnePlus One WITH Facebook, WITH GasBuddy, Falcon Widget for Twitter (manual update), HD Widgets clock/weather widget, Straight Talk (meaning at work the poor signal was draining battery), rooted running Greenify. Nothing much special done to conserve battery life; everything is turned on. Running Lollipop.

Both phones are at 2.5 hours SOT, but the OPO has been off the charger 40 HOURS LONGER and has 10% more battery left!

I used the OPO for 15 months before getting the OP2 (dumb impulse buy) for six weeks before the N6P arrived and I was so used to plugging it on only because it had been quite a while, not because it was bleeding out. Now I'm constantly worried about running out of juice. Always needing to plug it in someplace as it averages 5%/hr drain anywhere outside of the house and soaring past 10%/hr, even on wifi, if cell signal is anything less than massive.

When I see all the posts bragging about 5+ hours SOT, burbling "dat doze tho", I just want to scream. Love the 6P in concept, but in actual use, it has been a massive disappointment. I'm sure Google will announce "even better battery life" with Android N, but considering they've been peddling that lie since forever and it never seems to arrive, I'm not buying it. Damn shame they don't seem to give a rat's patoot about fixing the #1 problem people have with smartphones.

Gsam seems to be an issue with the 6P. It causes wakelocks. I think the March update also screwed something up. I used to get around 5hrs SoT by the 20% mark, now I'm down to 3.5-4 hrs.

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
d96dd88f822d3274e606db0dc27d7492.jpg

I have been wanting a 6P since it came out. I went from a Nexus 4 to a Note 4 to an iPhone 6s Plus. I hated touch wiz and the fact that I had to wait for over a year to get Lollipop on my Note 4 when Google was just releasing Marshmallow. So due to a super discount from work I got a crazy deal on the 6s plus. The Battery is amazing!! And it's the only thing keeping me from switching. On my Note 4 I would get about 5 hours screen time on average. With the 6s Plus I'm getting between 8 and 10 hours of usage/ screen on time!!! It's sick!! The attached pic was taken just now. I disconnected from charge this morning at about 5:30am and it's almost 11:30pm and I have 9% remaining. And this isn't with the power saver feature turned on either. I really miss the android OS and feature set and really like the 6P but don't want to sacrifice great battery time. Thoughts??

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Initial results after uninstalling GSam and rebooting aren't very encouraging. After about 8-1/2 hours off charger, I'm at 49% with only 1h 42m SOT. Deep Sleep for only 52% of the time; 384MHz 24%, 1.555 MHz 10%. Been on wifi for all but perhaps an hour of this time, however since leaving home the cell signal has been sketchier than usual. Still, been on wifi constantly and it still bleeds power at a rate I haven't seen since my first Nexus 5. Doze never kicks in. I am disappoint.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After my last post I tried removing Google Fit and the perma-wakelock of Google Play Services went away. I'm still evaluating performance after the April update, but the day or second after booting Fit, I went 24 hours off charger with (I think) 2h SOT with 51% left. A massive improvement, albeit with airplane+wifi on at home.

Zach Charlie

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
OK, what is the best way to find out what is causing Awake and Wi-Fi on all night. I have Wi-Fi on during sleep set to Never. I also go in and manually set Wi-Fi to off before going to bed. I have checked and cannot find any thing that keeping it a wake and Wi-Fi on.

View attachment 210452View attachment 210453
I had the same issue, what I did is I went to Google play services in the app settings and reset to factory app, then when it updated and I used it the next day, it was fine.also, I found rogue apps to be kik, Instagram, and facebook/, so greenify those apps if you have them

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
So only way my doze works if i disable all my network connections WiFi and data then it goes into doze mode but from my understanding doze should work regardless

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae