When I use the phone to make a call, the display turns black and I can't get the screen to turn on until the phone call has ended. The phone still works and I can hear people on the other line, but I just can't get the screen to turn on. Once the call has ended the 6p works fine again.
    AnnDroid likes this.
    11-02-2015 05:50 PM
    I don't have this device, but it sounds like a proximity sensor issue:
    - does it only happen when you make calls, or also when you receive them?
    - if you use the speakerphone does the same thing happen?
    - do you have a case or screen protector which might be blocking the proximity sensor?
    AnnDroid likes this.
    11-02-2015 05:58 PM
    I have a cheap glass screen protector on it. That may be the problem
    11-02-2015 06:09 PM
    I have a cheap glass screen protector on it. That may be the problem
    Take off the screen protector it does not have the right cut out for the sensor
    11-02-2015 06:14 PM
    Almost certainly the problem. Supershieldz has a replacement on the way for me.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=602589
    11-02-2015 06:21 PM
    Almost certainly the problem. Supershieldz has a replacement on the way for me.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=602589
    Thanks. That is the exact brand I bought on Amazon.
    maxburn likes this.
    11-02-2015 06:30 PM
    Yep, what they say is correct. I too bought the same screen protector and have the same issue. I messaged them last week about a replacement; they said they are getting a new corrected shipment this coming Friday and that they will ship them ASAP. Contact them and let them know you're issue.
    11-03-2015 02:22 AM
    I just used a Skinomi glass screen protector and the phone works fine now. It had the cut out for the sensor. Thank you for everyone's help
    11-03-2015 05:23 AM
    Yup - I'm having the same issues.

I download an app called AndroSensor and check my proximity sensor.
    From what I see, I read somewhere that the sensor should read 5.0in when not in use and 0.0in when the sensor is blocked; which causes it to turn off the screen during a call.

Mine however, reads 2.0in and when I place my hand over it it goes to 0.0 and it takes a few seconds to recover back to 0.0.

I'm considering reaching out to google on this issue.

Do you have any screen protector on your Nexus 6P?
    I do have a tempered glass I purchased from Amazon and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Oops! It does, Just read all the other replies
    11-03-2015 09:51 AM
    Screen Protector? I had this same issue on the Nexus 5 and still have it on the Nexus 6P....and I am not using any type of screen protector. So everyone is saying that the sensor is blocked..so when holding the phone to your ear is this blocking the sensor?

I don't know...It was the same on the 5 and it is still the same on the 6P ..except that if you need to enter any codes while making a call the screen will come back on...so I am thinking it is something programed into the system to cause the screen to turn off during a call.
    11-03-2015 12:56 PM
    Screen Protector? I had this same issue on the Nexus 5 and still have it on the Nexus 6P....and I am not using any type of screen protector. So everyone is saying that the sensor is blocked..so when holding the phone to your ear is this blocking the sensor?

I don't know...It was the same on the 5 and it is still the same on the 6P ..except that if you need to enter any codes while making a call the screen will come back on...so I am thinking it is something programed into the system to cause the screen to turn off during a call.
    Yes. When you hold the phone up to your ear it is supposed to turn off the screen so you don't hit anything on the screen with your face. I don't think there are any other options that have to do with that sensor.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2015 01:37 PM