Nexus 6P Seems Too Skinny

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the Nexus 6 with plenty of real estate, the Nexus 6P is feeling rather puny. Anyone else having to adjust?

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I removed the navigation bar from the bottom (build prop entry) and installed PIE. Really helped with the screen size and will prevent burn in down there.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not too skinny, it's way too heavy. It needs a gripping material on the back and sides like my OnePlus One. That phone feels great in the hand...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the nexus 6 this thing feels great! It's almost perfect... Maybe a slight too much top/bottom bezel but I'd that was to fit the speakers and camera so be it..

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
essentially it is a navigation bar that you can set to come up from the sides, bottom or top and be gone the rest of the time. I have mine comeing from the bottom so I have full screen for everything and my home, back and apps buttons are hidden. Then if I need them I simply slide my finger up and it pops up a pie like interface with the buttons. You can look in the market, PIE is in there. There are others, like button saver as well.You can hide existing buttons with a build.prop edit. "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" and a reboot. Make sure you install the alternate button program before you do this.

I did this so I didn't have burn in down there and extra screen real estate. WOrks quite well.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I think it's perfect coming from the wide and heavy Nexus 6. It has a similar build design as the Droid X, which also was at thin phone with a camera hump, and I really like it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It is thin but a grippy tpu case will solve that! :)

Definitely feels better in my hand than my Nexus 6 did. Those few mm in width make a big difference!

Posted via my Nexus 6P!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It's not too skinny, it's way too heavy. It needs a gripping material on the back and sides like my OnePlus One. That phone feels great in the hand...

Agree. The metal makes it very slippery, just like on the iPhone 6. Makes it seem like you need a case otherwise I would constantly be worrying about it slipping out of my hand.