Interesting note on the 6P's camera

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
With all this talk about cameras and comparing it with other phones like the Note 5 / S6, iPhone 6S, etc.

A little fact I noticed that I haven't seen brought up by reviewers is the 6P's sensor size. It has one of the largest sensors in a PHONE. In fact, the sensor size is equivalent to point and shoots:

Nexus 6P: 1/2.3"
Galaxy S6 / Note 5: 1/2.6"
iPhone 6S: 1/3"
iPhone 6: 1/3"
Xperia Z5: 1/2.3"
Canon Powershot SX610HS: 1/2.3"
Sony Cybershot DSC-RX10 II: 1" :p:p:p

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That can be attributed to the larger pixel size, which WAS announced/reported.

I have FOREVER been saying, as it relates to phone cameras and their quality, it's not the number of megapixels but the size of the sensor itself. Google and Huawei seem to have taken that to heart with the new phones.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Wooo, hold your horses. Aren't forums for discussion and fun, no need to go overboard. I know they made a big to do about pixel size and said they used a sensor originally designed for camcorders. I'm just saying everyone's compared every spec of cameras with each other but I hardly ever see them mention the actual size of the sensor (not pixel size, which contributes to it).

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
That can be attributed to the larger pixel size, which WAS announced/reported.

I have FOREVER been saying, as it relates to phone cameras and their quality, it's not the number of megapixels but the size of the sensor itself. Google and Huawei seem to have taken that to heart with the new phones.

Size doesnt matter, my wife told me so!

In all seriousness, the larger sensor allows for better low light pictures, which has been a "pro" of most reviews for the N6P. If they had somehow managed to include OIS as well, the camera would rate even higher than it does.

As it is its great to see a larger sensor end up in a phone.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Size doesnt matter, my wife told me so!

In all seriousness, the larger sensor allows for better low light pictures, which has been a "pro" of most reviews for the N6P. If they had somehow managed to include OIS as well, the camera would rate even higher than it does.

As it is its great to see a larger sensor end up in a phone.

Correct, better low light pictures because the larger sensor can do a better job of capturing the light available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc