Watch You'd Recommend

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to see what Android Wear watches you guys would recommend to use that would be comparable to the Apple Watch.

I'm currently using an iPhone 6S Plus with an Apple Watch and I have an Aluminum 32GB 6P arriving tomorrow which I'm going to test out for the next two weeks and see if I want to fully switch back to Android. I plan on returning the 32GB since I'm just testing the waters but if it works out I will either stay on T-Mobile then sell my 6SPlus and Watch or finance through Fi. But I was just curious what you guys think about the watches I should get to replace my Apple Watch if I do switch. Someone already mentioned the Moto 360 which I think is my favorite so far of the Android Wear gear.

ForceofWill

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Oh nice do you currently have the first Urbane?

No, I just started looking at smart watches more seriously. I like the look of the 2nd and it seems to have some good specs coming with it. Tag is coming out with one too but it's not going to be cheap and not much info on it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
No, I just started looking at smart watches more seriously. I like the look of the 2nd and it seems to have some good specs coming with it. Tag is coming out with one too but it's not going to be cheap and not much info on it.

Oh yeah I heard about the Tag watch definitely wouldn't be getting that one LOL.

ForceofWill

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
AT&T doing pre orders for LG Urbane 2nd tomorrow, going to release next week. There's a release video on youtube from LG about the watch, can't post the link but it's pretty baller, I'm getting one for sure.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
While it's considered more of a fitness device than a smart watch, I'm sticking with my Microsoft Band 2.

Still have my LG G Watch available for sale for $70 if anyone knows someone who might be interested.

Posted via the AC App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd go Moto 360. You can get exactly what you want and it feels like a really premium watch.

I can't believe you're gonna give it a go... :)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd go Moto 360. You can get exactly what you want and it feels like a really premium watch.

I can't believe you're gonna give it a go... :)

Yeah LOL I was talking to Finn5975 from iMore about the 6P and I had ordered 4 LOL and cancelled and he told me just to go for it and try it for the two weeks at least. So I bought the 32GB Aluminum.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah LOL I was talking to Finn5975 from iMore about the 6P and I had ordered 4 LOL and cancelled and he told me just to go for it and try it for the two weeks at least. So I bought the 32GB Aluminum.
Ah. Yeah, I have one coming tomorrow that I ordered when it went live in September. I think I'll try it out for a bit before I jump completely into iOS. It's easy enough to return it to Google if all else fails.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Ah. Yeah, I have one coming tomorrow that I ordered when it went live in September. I think I'll try it out for a bit before I jump completely into iOS. It's easy enough to return it to Google if all else fails.

Yep that's the plan and I do really like it and want to switch I'm thinking of doing Project Fi or getting a 64GB Frost.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I love my gear 2. I wish it would work properly with other brands of phones. Pretty much tied into Sammy. The only thing that would make me even think about an iphone is the iwatch. The huge iphone bezels help keep me away and I would really miss homescreen widgets.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I love my gear 2. I wish it would work properly with other brands of phones. Pretty much tied into Sammy. The only thing that would make me even think about an iphone is the iwatch. The huge iphone bezels help keep me away and I would really miss homescreen widgets.

LOL I'm the complete the opposite the only thing that would make me even come back to Android is the Nexus. I can't stand Samsung and Touch Whiz. Yuck LOL. I love my  Watch it is so awesome!! I've gotten used to the bezels and I used Android for two years but after I came back I didn't really miss the widgets. Notification Center has widgets which are pretty cool since you can access them from any where in iOS. I'm excited to use the 6P though.

Dws51

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the Gear 2 and it works fine with the Nexus 6P. I tried the Moto 360, but the Gear 2 is much better for me. All of you should head to Best Buy to compare. Coming from the Apple watch, which is great, the Gear 2 is its equal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii