Swapping Sims

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

This is the first phone I will try swapping Sims and I am not quite sure on the process.

I thought the best way was to have both phones off and then swap the Sim, but on an unboxing and setup it shows a step along the way with the Nexus 6P where it says insert the Sim. The person swapping the Sims then turned off his Motorola to get the Sim and inserted it into the Nexus 6P while it was on. The Nexus then located the signal and was good to go. I don't want to chance damaging the phones in any way so want to be sure of the best way.

Based on your collective experience what is the best way to proceed with this?

Thank you for your help and have a great day.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Through instinct, I usually turn my phones off when removing AND installing sims. On the off chance I forget to, and I remove or install with the phone on, nothing bad has happened. So if you want to play it safe and have phones off when removing and installing sim cards, by all means do that.

Posted via the Android Central App

dropn1s

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
You will not damage the phone or sim if you swap while both phones are on, but you may have to do a reset for your phone register with a network.

ntingle

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Anyone notice that the SIM tray looks like it would be large enough for two sims? You'd need a different tray, or to cut up the current one...

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that the SIM tray looks like it would be large enough for two sims? You'd need a different tray, or to cut up the current one...

Yes, it looks like it was designed for dual SIMs. Maybe next year's model will support it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech