Very disappointed in video recordings with 6P

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I really want to like my 6P, but I shoot a lot of video and the video quality on this is, well, it's not very good, unless you're standing perfectly still. If you're moving, the video looks like your watching through wavy cellophane. The same scene shot with another phone I own that has OIS is so much better. Really wonder why the decision was made to not include OIS on an otherwise stellar flagship model. :(

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Video recordings are terrible, in both 4K and 1080p. They look grainy and shaky, I actually ripped my antiglare screen off thinking that was the issue, no such luck. The 6P just shoots terrible video. Very disappointed.

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of a shame because the picture quality is really great. Beats the crap out of my iPhone 6s Plus in just about every shot.

But the video is just not good, it's really crisp and it looks fairly muddy even in decent light. I'm actually pissed about this one because I guess OIS would have played a major roll in fixing this, and it was present on the original 5, so I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they decided to take it out but put a better sensor in? Makes zero sense IMO

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
It's kind of a shame because the picture quality is really great. Beats the crap out of my iPhone 6s Plus in just about every shot.

But the video is just not good, it's really crisp and it looks fairly muddy even in decent light. I'm actually pissed about this one because I guess OIS would have played a major roll in fixing this, and it was present on the original 5, so I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they decided to take it out but put a better sensor in? Makes zero sense IMO

Maybe they thought the better sensor would make up for lack of OIS? That's the only reason of which I can think. I'm afraid mine will be going back.

rockledgefl

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Try ProShot camera app. I get pretty good videos with the stock app but the ProShot videos seem a little more stable. Maybe some different processing algorithm?? Also QuickPic to replace the Photos app

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that videos aren't as stable as I'd like, but I wouldn't say they are horrible at all.

The moto x pure edition has no ois and makes silky smooth video. It's a software thing so I think Google will be able to improve it with updates if they deem it necessary.

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Try ProShot camera app. I get pretty good videos with the stock app but the ProShot videos seem a little more stable. Maybe some different processing algorithm?? Also QuickPic to replace the Photos app

Thanks. I'll give ProShot a try. Won't let QuickPic anywhere near my phone though.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that videos aren't as stable as I'd like, but I wouldn't say they are horrible at all.

The moto x pure edition has no ois and makes silky smooth video. It's a software thing so I think Google will be able to improve it with updates if they deem it necessary.

Posted via the Android Central App

Is that right? I should clarify that if I'm perfectly still, the videos are fine. The issue comes with any kind of movement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20