I RETURNED my 6P ... will you too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to like my 6P; I really did! After unboxing the Aluminum-version and holding that amazingly constructed, cold, slab of technological beauty in my hands .. I was eager to start using it as my main phone.

My main phone it was ... for one day.

There is one inexcusable defect on the phone (sure not all have experienced this; and quite possibly the major won't experience it ... but enough people have experienced it to warrant concern). The damn screen has a yellow hue to it ... it's ugly and noticeable and completely ruins the experience.

Google told me Huawei is aware of this and that over time of use the screen should level out...not good enough for me. What am I supposed to do? Use the phone well past Google's 14-day-return period just to give the phone's screen time to level out, only to find out it hasn't and won't ... and now I'm past the return window? No thanks. So return I did.

Man I wish this wasn't the case because I seriously loved every damn thing about the phone; the size, the speakers (my God those heavenly speakers!), the feel to the touch of the phone's design, the look of the phone's beautiful design, the phone's fluidity and speed. Alas I couldn't talk myself into keeping hardware that I spent almost $600 on and that I intend on putting my eyes on many hours during the day ... knowing I'm going to look at a yellow'ish tinted screen that instead makes a phone akin to looking like circa 1990s Cindy Crawford; looking like RuPaul.

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
If I really liked the phone I would have asked for replacement and then if 2nd one was bad then move on....could have just been a defective one you had

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
There is a thread on XDA about the same "issue"

I actually feel its not necessarily an issue. My screen is "warmer" (i.e. whites look a little yellowish), but if the screen were professionally calibrated the whites WOULD look a bit warmer than we would like.

And the challenge with AMOLED screens seems to be getting one that is uniform instead of having yellow/pink/bluish areas on the screen. My N6P has a yellowish tint but is perfectly uniform. You can use a modded kernel to set the RGB levels on screen to turn the yellowish to pure white/bluish white if you want.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to like my 6P; I really did! After unboxing the Aluminum-version and holding that amazingly constructed, cold, slab of technological beauty in my hands .. I was eager to start using it as my main phone.

There is one inexcusable defect on the phone (sure not all have experienced this; and quite possibly the major won't experience it ... but enough people have experienced it to warrant concern). The damn screen has a yellow hue to it ... it's ugly and noticeable and completely ruins the experience.

Google told me Huawei is aware of this and that over time of use the screen should level out...not good enough for me. What am I supposed to do? Use the phone well past Google's 14-day-return period just to give the phone's screen time to level out, only to find out it hasn't and won't ... and now I'm past the return window? No thanks. So return I did.

Man I wish this wasn't the case because I seriously loved every damn thing about the phone; the size, the speakers (my God those heavenly speakers!), the feel to the touch of the phone's design, the look of the phone's beautiful design, the phone's fluidity and speed. Alas I couldn't talk myself into keeping hardware that I spent almost $600 on and that I intend on putting my eyes on many hours during the day ... knowing I'm going to look at a yellow'ish tinted screen that instead makes a phone akin to looking like circa 1990s Cindy Crawford; looking like RuPaul.

This is one of the main reasons that I am moving towards getting the Moto X Style as I would really dislike a yellow hue on my screen but there are other aspects of the phone that I really like so I am going round the houses choosing :)

NewPepper

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

it's a telephone for crying out loud, the screen doesn't matter... (sarcasm)

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
having bluetooth issues with 2015 camaro. if unable to fix at dealer on tuesday, it is going back.

GreetingsFromAP

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm returning mine. I have the s6 active. Actually annoyances related to the s6's performance drove me to try the 6p. In the end I fixed a few with a factory reset, but others like only keeping a couple apps open before reflowing on the s6 is still annoying. There just weren't enough differences to justify having both. Coming from the Active, the 6p seemed a bit fragile. Also the screen on the Active is brighter in direct sunlight and the camera is better. I missed 60fps recording. I also felt the graphite 6p would be prone to scratching as I already noticed a couple right by the lens. I'll miss Marshmallow, monthly security updates, and the fingerprint reader. Who knows, I might be back.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Haven't noticed a yellow hue on mine. But I don't like how the display rainbows out at extreme viewing angles. I don't actually look at it from those angles so it's not a deal breaker, but I think the display on my G4 is better. Amoled has too many color problems. And my G4 screen is every bit as vibrant when it comes to color saturation as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Only1Z

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It's from the adhesive used on the screen. I sent a Nexus 5 back for that problem. As soon as I opened the box, there were yellow splotches all over the screen. The next phone they sent me was fine. My wife is still rocking that phone now. I think sometimes when they are trying to produce a lot of phones to satisfy demand and the beginning of a phone release, the phones aren't allowed to cure properly and you get a yellow tinge to the screen or even yellow splotches. No big deal! Just send it back for a new one.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Heck no... I love this phone. I have not had a single issue outside of T-Mobile Band 12 isn't active yet (COME ON GOOGLE) I don't have any issue with the screen being "Warm" in my opinion the screen seems better than last years Model.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
We bought 2 6Ps in my house. Also have a Note 5. My screen is as white as my Note 5 but my girlfriends 6P has a slight yellowish hue. But she's gonna keep it. She had a Samsung S6 previously and had to exchange it due to the hazy off color white. Maybe it's an Amoled thing.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks white to me. I love this phone and I will keep it. Great battery life. My phone has been off the charger for 20 hours, and I still have 87% left.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Unless there's a glaring defect I won't be. I'm ordering mine tomorrow in Graphite! I've dealt with screen whiteness calibration before and all it took was for the manufacturer to release a software update to correct it but a bit of yellow doesn't bother me. I've already ordered 2 clear cases from Spigen and Moko (just because the Moko was on a $1 promo so why not have two cases!) as well as the Tronsmart car charger from Amazon in preparation for the phone so as you can see I'm all-in :)

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue. Whites are terribly yellow, so I ordered a replacement from Google. The replacement is as bad, if not worse than the original. My Note 5 has brilliant whites, these screens look like coffee has been spilled on them. Very disappointed, because I LOVE everything thing else about this phone.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My whites look... white, I think. Either they do, or they don't, and I haven't really noticed, and so it never bothered me.

But now, I'm looking differently at my screen for either something's that's not there, or something that is but I'm having trouble seeing. And it's bothering me that it might be there and I can't see it. 😵 I wish I didn't click on this thread.

OP, sorry things didn't work out for you and the 6P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech