I bought a 6P and activated my first Project Fi SIM card on it. It works great. I then placed the SIM in my Verizon Galaxy Note 5 and it still worked great. On T-Mobile only, of course.

When I received my 2nd Project Fi SIM card this morning, I tried to activate it on the 6P and I was unable to do so. The 2nd SIM was requested using the invite on my secondary Gmail acct, but has the exact same name/address/phone and I even used the same credit card.

I read somewhere that the Project Fi SIM card might be linked to this 6P and additional activations couldn't be done.

How do I get around this restriction? If I restore the 6P to factory status, will the system forget that my 6P already had activated a Project Fi SIM card previously?

Any advice appreciated!
    11-10-2015 12:33 PM
    did you contact Project Fi tech support?
    11-10-2015 12:46 PM
    did you contact Project Fi tech support?
    wasn't planning to... just in case people are not allowed to have two Project Fi SIM cards(or two accounts?)
    11-10-2015 12:48 PM
    wasn't planning to... just in case people are not allowed to have two Project Fi SIM cards(or two accounts?)
    I dont think they will disallow that. its google we are talking about not verizon
    11-10-2015 01:15 PM
    I dont think they will disallow that. its google we are talking about not verizon
    yes, but how am I going to ask the Project Fi tech support if they ask me why I need two SIM cards/accounts if I only have one Nexus phone? I can't very well answer "because I'm using the other Project Fi SIM card in my Verizon Galaxy Note 5"

it seems much wiser to ask around on AndroidCentral first.
    11-10-2015 01:33 PM
    The bigger issue is that Project Fi is not supported on your GN5.

"To use Project Fi, you need a Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, or Nexus 6."
    ( https://support.google.com/fi/answer..._topic=4596407 )
    fatboy97 likes this.
    11-11-2015 07:34 AM
    Has anyone solved this -- I would like to activate a 2nd pFI SIM on a 5X then move it to a Nexus 5. The 5X already has a pFI account working
    02-06-2016 10:42 PM
    I'm guessing your issue is that you can only have one Project Fi account per Google account; it is the Google account that your Fi account is "locked" to. Since your 5X is tied to a Google account, you can't activate a second Project Fi SIM card with a different account on that phone. At a minimum, you'll have to log off of your primary Google account on your phone and switch to the secondary Google account you are trying to activate the Fi SIM for.

Having said that, just to ensure that you realize that your Nexus 5 (or any other non-Nexus 5X, 6, 6P) will be stuck on T-Mobile, it will not autoswitch between carriers and may be missing other Fi features, as well. Additionally, what many have done (depending on how you want to use the 5X), is to get a data-only SIM for their second phone -- then just use Hangouts for calling/texting from the phone, with it being tied to their Fi account.
    02-07-2016 08:55 AM
    Did anyone try Mogelijk suggestion?
    Now I am interesting is pursuing the same thing (activate 2 SIM using 1 device N5X).
    03-21-2016 09:20 PM
    Project FI only works on the 6P, 5X, and the nexus 6. If you activate a project fi sim, it will only work for those devices, your note 5 cant use a fi sim card, either can a nexus 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-21-2016 11:50 PM