Nexus 6P - Stuck "Alarms Only" icon

evrentekin

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This morning, I got the OTA November security update and installed it. However, the "Alarms Only" mode is now stuck and I cannot turn it off. I have tried turning it off both from the quick settings/notifications area as well as using the "End Now" button when I use the volume buttons. Funny thing is, the notifications, phone calls etc are still coming through fine so it seems it is only the icon there. I cannot change/set the "Do not disturb" modes. Is anyone else having the same issue??

Thanks a lot...

evrentekin

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stuck "Alarms Only" icon

Yes, same with me - reboot didn't work. I don't want to do a factory reset and install everything to fix this :/

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure if you tried this... but create an alarm for 5 minutes from now... let it go off... does this turn it off or release you from that mode?

evrentekin

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

When I was using the volume buttons this morning, it randomly fixed itself. I have been trying the volume buttons since it happened yesterday and it didn't fix until now. crgunn, keep trying the volume buttons and hopefully it will help...

crgunn

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Mine went away when I remembered I had an nfc tag, that I had made with Trigger, that would turn silent mode on and off.

Last edited:

Cam1992

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site

Not sure if this is the fix but I tried posting earlier and failed.

Not sure if a different fix is out there however I came across setting a rule under the DND section and select add rule for activation in two minutes time, and for it to deactivate two minutes after that.

Crucial to select the priority as priority and wait for the activation, once it's time, press the volume button and select end now.

patrissimo

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

Hey all, had the same problem in Android 6.0. I used DND mode often before, no problems, after a system update my DND was stuck on. I set it to "DND until next alarm" before going to bed. Could have had something to do with my snoozing an alarm, or changing alarms before they went off - I did both. The result was DND - Alarms Only was stuck on; clicking it did nothing; rebooting changed nothing.

The above fix worked for me: I went into Settings->Sound & Notification->Do not Disturb and added a rule "Turn on DND at a time 2 min from now; turn it off 2 min later". After 5 minutes, DND was successfully turned off. Thanks for the workaround!

Diego Zaks

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site

I was able to solve it by following the advice of randomly pushing the volume buttons
Nexus 6P, android 6.0.1

Jasper Smit

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

Confirmed, this fixes the issue:
The above fix worked for me: I went into Settings->Sound & Notification->Do not Disturb and added a rule "Turn on DND at a time 2 min from now; turn it off 2 min later". After 5 minutes, DND was successfully turned off. Thanks for the workaround!

Susan P

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site

With your screen on, press volume down button until all the way down. Press volume down a second time, and you'll see "Alarms only until you turn off do not disturb" and "End now." Press "End now," and this time, "End now" will work. It's panic time until seeing others have had the same problem. Thanks to all the posters.

Last edited:

tmph01

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks to @Diego Zaks and @Susan P and fiddling with the volume keys. Of course I forgot reading this since same thing happened a few weeks ago.
N5X

Andy Lee22

May 25, 2016
Visit site
i have a nexus 5. had this issue for past 30 mins.

discovered it was the camera app running in background - setting to alarms only - prob for the video camera

android new restarts open apps after reboot - so reboot wont help

just close all open apps