Does your Nexus 6P have weak vibration too?

master500

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
My last phone was the HTC M8 and the vibration was strong. It seems the new Nexus 6P has very weak vibration. It seems the phone vibrates and I don't even feel it. Did anyone else notice this?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My last phone was the HTC M8 and the vibration was strong. It seems the new Nexus 6P has very weak vibration. It seems the phone vibrates and I don't even feel it. Did anyone else notice this?

compared to the Nexus 6 that use to scare me when it vibrated...... Yeah it's a lot weaker.. I can't feel it vibrate when in my back jean pocket where as the 6 use to shake my whole leg.....

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

I had a htc one m8 and I thought the vibration was monstrous. It would like shake the room. It was so far from subtle that I was better off having the speaker on. The 6P feels excellent. It's noticeable without knocking the earth out of orbit, and it feels very even when vibrating in the hand. It's gentle enough that I appreciate that it's vibrating without being alarmed by it.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The vibration in mine is so weak that, as far as I'm concerned, it's useless for phone calls and notifications. If it's in my pocket and I get a phone call, I don't feel a thing. I need to periodically drag it out of my pocket to check for texts that I'm waiting on.

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I rarely use any form of vibration notification but when I do use it for sleep it is mild and gentle and not scaring the life out of me. That is how I like it.

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Have to agree...very weak!

Lol, I just don't know why manufacturers don't just give us a few options to control the vibration for the phone? I've been saying this for years. The iPhone 6s plus is pretty good, but my GS6 was probably the best, not insane that it would shake my car but enough for me to notice it in my pocket. Oh well.

Posted via the Android Central App

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree the vibration is very weak. I can barely feel it even when holding the phone. (And the notification light could be a tad bigger)

nex6p

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has a solution for the weak vibration on the Nexus 6P. I have tried two apps but with a flip case cover closed it only vibrates once. the apps are Vibration notifier and Good vibrations.

Thanks

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has a solution for the weak vibration on the Nexus 6P. I have tried two apps but with a flip case cover closed it only vibrates once. the apps are Vibration notifier and Good vibrations.

Thanks

Smart watch ;). Have had one for months and I only grab my phone after I see missed notifications on the watch. It change the way I interact with my phone.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Smart watch ;). Have had one for months and I only grab my phone after I see missed notifications on the watch. It change the way I interact with my phone.

^ This. Yeah I know what you mean.
I have the original Pebble steel in black leather... Had considered other options but Pebble seemed best for what I wanted - good battery, simple notification options and looks good (not too "geeky") to wear with office attire. I kind of want to get the brushed aluminum but can't justify myself to do so unless I sell my black Pebble. Target has the brushed aluminum leather band Pebble for $150. Hopefully they drop price soon.. Or if I could sell my black Pebble for $50, I wouldn't mind paying $100 difference for the brushed aluminum Pebble. Any interested buyers here? Lol.

*6P 64 gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64 gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
^ This. Yeah I know what you mean.
I have the original Pebble steel in black leather... Had considered other options but Pebble seemed best for what I wanted - good battery, simple notification options and looks good (not too "geeky") to wear with office attire. I kind of want to get the brushed aluminum but can't justify myself to do so unless I sell my black Pebble. Target has the brushed aluminum leather band Pebble for $150. Hopefully they drop price soon.. Or if I could sell my black Pebble for $50, I wouldn't mind paying $100 difference for the brushed aluminum Pebble. Any interested buyers here? Lol.

*6P 64 gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64 gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

I have the black steel Huawei watch. Amazing classy watch. I've got so many "that's a nice watch". No one thinks it's a smart watch until I mention so.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems the phone vibrates and I don't even feel it.
I'd have to agree with your assessment - if I'm specifically looking for the vibration, then I notice it. But when I'm just doing business as usual I pretty much never feel it.
My Samsung Galaxy S3 worked well in this respect.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
When you get an emergency alert or double-press the power button for the camera the vibration is a lot stronger. It's only weak for notifications. Hopefully Google can improve it with a software update. That's if they get enough complaints. I'm not sure if most people even care.

Google Nexus 6P

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here. When I leave the house I am always either wearing my Pebble Time or my Moto360 OG and use them for notifications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane