Nexus 6p and root

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I'm the only one but I feel I don't need to root my 6P. From the Droid X, to Droid Maxx, to LG G3, I've always had root before I do anything but I have been happy with my 6P that I haven't even thought about rooting it. I feel vanilla Android is buttery smooth.

Nexus 6P

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've always rooted my phones and all my previous nexus devices as well. I did this primarily for battery and for performance. As time went on, I went from flashing crazy feature-rich ROMs to ROMs that were pretty much stock with modified kernels like Franco. At this point, my 6P lasts 16h+ with about 4 or more hours of screen time. The speed is about right for me - even with encryption. I suspect that in the tradition I will root this phone and flash a ROM, but I certainly don't feel the itch to do that like I did with all my previous phones, including the Nexus 6.

Kunal Barchha

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
No, you won't lose android pay after rooting new Nexus 6p or 5x. The new root process is systemless root, which means you will still be able to use Android Pay and other system features. In case you want to root your Nexus 6P or 5X you can refer to this link:

h t t p://goo.gl/E5xNgE please remove spaces.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I find any mobile pay useless, you have to unlock your screen, then open the app and let it load. Meanwhile you just pull out your wallet and the. Take a card out and pay.

But then again, in that person that doesn't leave the house with my wallet. I'll leave without my phone but not wallet.

Nexus 6P

archermoo

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I find any mobile pay useless, you have to unlock your screen, then open the app and let it load. Meanwhile you just pull out your wallet and the. Take a card out and pay.

But then again, in that person that doesn't leave the house with my wallet. I'll leave without my phone but not wallet.

Nexus 6P

Actually you just have to unlock your screen and tap the phone to the payment system. No need to fire up Android Pay. So assuming you're using the fingerprint scanner you just need to pull out your phone, touch the back, tap it to the payment system, and you're done. Very quick and convenient.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to try this out at Trader Joe's a few days after I got my 6P but I completely forgot I hadn't set up Android Pay (it was on my Note 4).

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Actually you just have to unlock your screen and tap the phone to the payment system. No need to fire up Android Pay. So assuming you're using the fingerprint scanner you just need to pull out your phone, touch the back, tap it to the payment system, and you're done. Very quick and convenient.

Exactly this! I do it all the time I see a NFC pay symbol. It still does not work at CVS though!?

Posted via the Android Central App

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Typing "fastboot flashing unlock" and rooting first thing when my 6p gets here tomorrow. Tibu and Adaway are important for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy