I was kind of annoyed that there wasn't an icon in the notification pull down bar for starting a mobile hotspot so I created a shortcut on my homescreen and started it up so I could make sure it was working properly to my tablet. The weird thing was after I did so, bang! the hotspot icon magically appeared in my notification pull down right beside the Cast icon! I'm not complaining, I wanted that, but anyone else notice this? That's the 2nd undocumented part of this phone I've discovered in 2 days
    11-12-2015 04:30 PM
    My hotspot icon was always in the drop-down notification.
    11-12-2015 04:51 PM
    I was kind of annoyed that there wasn't an icon in the notification pull down bar for starting a mobile hotspot so I created a shortcut on my homescreen and started it up so I could make sure it was working properly to my tablet. The weird thing was after I did so, bang! the hotspot icon magically appeared in my notification pull down right beside the Cast icon! I'm not complaining, I wanted that, but anyone else notice this? That's the 2nd undocumented part of this phone I've discovered in 2 days
    I noticed the same thing - but didn't make a shortcut. Just noticed that after I used hot spot for the first time.
    11-12-2015 04:51 PM
    I noticed the same thing - but didn't make a shortcut. Just noticed that after I used hot spot for the first time.
    That was likely the cause, just wasn't sure
    11-12-2015 04:57 PM
    noticed that myself as well

OPO I could choose what I wanted in the dropdown
    11-12-2015 04:58 PM
    noticed that myself as well

OPO I could choose what I wanted in the dropdown
    you can do that on the 6P as well with the System UI Tuner.
    11-12-2015 05:26 PM
    I remember reading in the lollipop notes that the notification and quick settings is adaptable, whenever you enable something new it will appear there for a while. I think until you stop using it frequently.
    11-12-2015 05:41 PM
    you can do that on the 6P as well with the System UI Tuner.
    oh cool - also missing double tap to wake - does that take care of that too?
    11-12-2015 05:41 PM
    oh cool - also missing double tap to wake - does that take care of that too?
    unfortunately not
    11-12-2015 06:00 PM
    the quick settings is adaptive so when you enable/disable some settings it will show up in quick settings. but if you dont use it for 30 days it will disappear. its a lollipop feature. read it here A look at the new Android 5.0 Lollipop quick-settings panel | Android Central
    11-12-2015 08:35 PM