Screen Overlay Detected - To Change This Permission......6P is messed up

Lake123

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Freeze all utility apps and go on to the app you want to set permission to. Utility apps like battery savers, speed boosters and messengers. As you froze them... keep unfreezing them one by one until u find out the ones causing the problem.

Rajdeep_442

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. I too was having the same problem. I was very curious to know why does my Camera need permission to know where I am located. I tried several ways to disable Location from permissions but failed. On perusing through the comments I read about " Floating Apps ". I had recently installed " Swiftly Switch Pro " version which has floating apps. I disabled it and went to the Camera App to disable " Location " from permissions granted and immediately got this message " If you deny this permission, basic features of your device may no longer function as intended " So I knew the culprit was this app. I disabled Location permission from Camera, went back to the other app and enabled it. So now this app is working and so has Location been disabled from permissions for the Camera. Somebody had suggested to remove the " Side panel " ~ a feature in my phone, but this didn't help me. Hope my suggestions help someone with similar problems:cool:

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy A700FD. I've been having this same error message for some days. I reset my phone twice!! It works fine a day or two but then the error message starts appearing again and again. It's turning my phone in a useless thing. HELP..!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was very curious to know why does my Camera need permission to know where I am located.
Your camera requests the Location permission so that it can embed the GPS coordinates in the EXIF data for your pictures - that way, in the future, you can group all of the pictures from a certain location (say, your Hawaii vacation) in an album.

The Camera app normally allows you to turn that setting off so it's preferable to allow the permission and then just turn it on/off in the Camera app, but of course that's your prerogative.

Danab43

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
What you need to do is only uninstall any CM applications you may have specially CM blocks, immediately your problem will be solved....
Good luck

I have been struggling with this since i got my stupid on5. I deleted "FACEBOOK GROUPS" AND NOW IT'S LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED. can't help but be pretty angry but hey. It's gone and I'm happy. Hope yhis possibly helps someone because that app was not mentioned anywhere. I was just lucky that was the first app I deleted and it worked...

deviddevid

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Screen Overlay detected problem solved:
Follow this simple guide:
>Settings
>Apps
>Option(Three Dots)
>Click on “Draw Over Other Apps” OR “App Can Appear on Top” whichever option available in your device…
>Now list of apps whose screen overlay is enabled will appear…
>Disable /Turn Off For All App…
Then Your Problem Must Be Solved…

This is my first post on android central and I want to make my authority on Android Central..
So please review my answer....

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So, what do you do if it wont uninstall file manager? I just got this phone a few hours ago
You just got which phone - a Samsung Galaxy S7?
Which file manager are you trying to uninstall? I'd think that if it's crapware by Cheetah that you'd be able to remove it.

Linda Lasher

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem with my Galaxy S6. I tried so many things but here's what worked:

KNOX app was the problem. Disable it or "force stop" and the problem goes away in 10 seconds.

n777lt

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh my -this has been driving me crazy for 3 days, and I'm out of town and the "screen overlay detected" pop up was making Waze and Audible inoperable!! Tried all the relevant suggestions (I have a Samsung S6) - changing the settings in Applications turning off the overlay for all apps didn't help, Don't have any of the Cheetah Mobile apps complained of above, etc. etc.

Finally noticed a mention of turning off auto brightness. So I did. I also realized that ES Task Manager persisted in offering its quick access function (swiping from the corner gives you access to a customized quick menu of apps -- AND IT IS AN OVERLAY) even when it had been denied pop-up permissions. So I deleted ES Task Manager.

Rebooted. Phone seems fine! I'll do a little more experimenting to see which is the culprit (voting for ES Task Manager, which I only implemented a few days ago).

russp41

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Having the same issue trying to use WhatsApp on an LG G4. Uninstalled ES File Manager and that seems to have fixed the problem. Re-installed ES File Manager after getting WhatsApp to work and all seems well so far.

horsecharles

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Quickest solution:
Boot into Safe Mode- then you can do anything needed, no Settings option will be grayed out.
For example:
During install an app requested some permission or access that you weren't able to grant...and basically ignored( because of that Screen Overlay error message).
In safe mode you can grant that app anything...Location(oftentimes it's this), Draw Over Other Apps, etc....whatever the specific app needs. No need to disable anything @ other apps.
Just reboot and...as you were.

Inoka Wijewardhana

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone got this error message? I'm trying to share a photo via facebook and whether from my gallery app or from facebook. It asks if I want to give FB access to my storage. I say yes. It says "Screen overlay detected- To change this permission setting you first have to turn off the screen overlay from Settings > Apps"

I do that but nothing works. Whether it says NO by FB's Screen Overlay allowed, or YES - it still just directs me in this endless loops. Have tried reboots and nothing. Anybody else experiencing anything similar?

Uninstall all of your file manager apps. This worked for me...

BrandonBELB365

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
The culprit on my ZTE Avid Trio was ES File Explorer, which I din't understand since it only started happening today and I've had es on my phone for months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza