Bluetooth access question

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Everytime I get in my car (Ford Escape with Sync) I get a request on my Nexus 6P that the car wants to access the Sim Card and if I say yes the phone won't be able to make calls or receive data etc. I reply No and it works perfectly fine as a bluetooth device. I didn't have this issue with past phones. The only requests I ever got were for contact info and I'd say Yes to that and would never get the alert and it would happen automatically. Anyone else have a similar experience with their cars or know how to stop the request from happening.

Thanks

aanight

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
This has been driving me crazy for over a week. Never had this issue with my Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, or with my Nexus 5X for the first couple of weeks I had been syncing it with my car (2014 Ford Fusion). Then just started popping up on my 5X. I haven't ever allowed it. Phone notification eventually goes away but comes back every time the phone connects to the car. I have also had a couple of weird error messages with the car UI since, telling me it failed to make a call that successfully connected, things like that....

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your radio may need a firmware update. Seems like we have had a couple threads about car Bluetooth problems on here, always seems to be a firmware update for the radio that fixes it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12