"OK GOOGLE"

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys this is my question.....
I had android for the longest time and I decided to switch to apple because I tough siri will allow me to control my home with siri voice commands well, big fail i have to buy the apple tv 4 to be able to control the home kit devices out of my network and a lutron or insteon hub to control some of the lights, etc etc etc etc so a lot of money, i need a phone that i can control that with voice commands on android and i thing the new nexus 6p has that option right? I need to say "OK GOOGLE" and the device wakes up and i can tell him the command and turn my lights.
No i've heard that "OK GOOGLE" on the new nexus 6p its not as reliable as siri on the ios side. What do you guys think? I really want to come back to android because i have some devices that i was able to control already with my vera lite and I want to add more
Thanks to all

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I had it set up where it would recognized my device when it was locked. I would say it worked 8 out of 10 times. It did impact battery life though

Posted via the Android Central App

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I had android for the longest time and I decided to switch to apple because I tough siri will allow me to control my home with siri voice commands well, big fail i have to buy the apple tv 4 to be able to control the home kit devices out of my network and a lutron or insteon hub to control some of the lights, etc etc etc etc so a lot of money, i need a phone that i can control that with voice commands on android and i thing the new nexus 6p has that option right? I need to say "OK GOOGLE" and the device wakes up and i can tell him the command and turn my lights.
No i've heard that "OK GOOGLE" on the new nexus 6p its not as reliable as siri on the ios side. What do you guys think? I really want to come back to android because i have some devices that i was able to control already with my vera lite and I want to add more
Thanks to all

No issues for me.
I also use Tasker to control all kinds of stuff on the phone.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to all

Worked every time for me, I ended up turning it off because it would start both my AW device and my phone :p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01