Phone losing battery charge really fast (started last night)

Amit Vora

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
My new nexus 6p started losing battery last night. I had it fully charged last night and suddenly, this morning, it dropped to 23%. In the 2 weeks that i have had it, it has never done that.

I charged it this morning to 95% and now within 4 hours, it has dropped down to 50%.

I searched and realized that the S6 owners were reporting the same thing because of the update that was pushed out.

I have disabled NFC and checking to see what it does. Has anyone encountered this?

Thank you.

Amit

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, to find the cause of the battery drain, we're going to need some more information. Can you post the battery usage info from the Power menu? Maybe install GSAM battery monitor and see what that has to say.

As far as updates pushed to the S6, Google directly updates the N6P. Samsung develops the updates for the S6 and then hands it off to the carriers, meaning that the updates are pushed by carriers, not by Google or Samsung. The S6 line does not receive the same updates as the Nexus line, so while they may be experiencing a similar problem, there is no reason to believe the two are related.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
look at the battery graph to see if there's an app that's doing it. If there isn't one trouble app shown, download gsam and it gives better stats.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza