music player?

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using something better than Google music? I have Poweramp on MXPE but was reading its not very convenient if using cloud based music. Wasn't planning on putting my music onto the 6p I have coming so what is everyone using for a music player?

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using something better than Google music? I have Poweramp on MXPE but was reading its not very convenient if using cloud based music. Wasn't planning on putting my music onto the 6p I have coming so what is everyone using for a music player?

"... not very convenient ..." ??

If PowerAmp does cloud based music at all, it is news to me.

Frankly, I don't know why anyone would want to use cloud-based music unless you have absolutely no other option.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just realized that my truck has an SD card slot. I'll just throw my micro in an adapter and pop it in.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
"... not very convenient ..." ??

If PowerAmp does cloud based music at all, it is news to me.

Frankly, I don't know why anyone would want to use cloud-based music unless you have absolutely no other option.

I use cloud music because I'd rather not load a bunch of stuff on my device. Plus I can listen to whatever I want, whenever I want and not be limited to what's strictly on my device.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I use cloud music because I'd rather not load a bunch of stuff on my device. Plus I can listen to whatever I want, whenever I want and not be limited to what's strictly on my device.

Not really. I spend half my life on airplanes, and there is no cloud music there. Sure, some planes now have WiFi, but that usually costs a lot of money, and reliability is spotty. How do I know? - I was the person the Flight Attendants called about every other flight to fix it. Most of the time I could not fix it from the cockpit. Also that burns up data and your battery. Until we have 100% reliable internet access everywhere, I could never commit to cloud streaming of my music as my only source. It's a nice supplement when it is available. In any case, it is no trouble at all to keep my phone synced with my iTunes library with iSyncr.

goldlog

Banned
Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
cloud music works for me, it's like having a music FM. Marking any music anywhere and have it back home in PC is a way updating my own favorite album

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Not really. I spend half my life on airplanes, and there is no cloud music there. Sure, some planes now have WiFi, but that usually costs a lot of money, and reliability is spotty. How do I know? - I was the person the Flight Attendants called about every other flight to fix it. Most of the time I could not fix it from the cockpit. Also that burns up data and your battery. Until we have 100% reliable internet access everywhere, I could never commit to cloud streaming of my music as my only source. It's a nice supplement when it is available. In any case, it is no trouble at all to keep my phone synced with my iTunes library with iSyncr.

You shouldn't be listening to music up there anyway lol. What are you flying? I'm a Lear 60 guy myself. I haven't used iSyncr in a long time and from what I understand it won't sync via the USB connection when using Mac osx. How'd you get yours to work?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree you get to incur data usage and expel more battery for the music you already own. Yuck... I use poweramp and sometimes Spotify but I have the available offline checked

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Music as my primary player...at this point, as my everything for music.

I also mark music for offline playback. For example, all songs that I "thumbs up" automatically get downloaded to the device (my tablet too) so I have quite a long playlist that is always available, even offline. You can make and mark other playlists to be stored offline too.

I just prefer to work with just Google Music rather than dealing with copying music to the phone, managing it on the phone, using a separate player on the phone AND still using Google Music for music I added to my virtual library that I don't have files for or for music I happened to have not copied to the phone but suddenly want to listen to. Whew.... did that make sense?

I do wish Google Music had a more robust player though... would like a little more flexibility and better equalizer functions. Guess you can't have it all.

goadamn

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I was using Rocket Player for years but it just crashes when trying to play FLAC files on the new phone
Google Play Music plays FLAC fine, so I know it's supported by the phone.
I was thinking of waiting another upgrade and trying again. Very odd

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante