How long does Google really take to issue refunds?

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Google says refunds for returned devices will take anywhere from 1 to 14 days to show up in my account. If there is anybody that has ever returned anything to them, how long did it actually take to receive the refund after they processed it?

Asking because I had to return my 6p because of random reboots and I need to wait for the refund to order another one. Unfortunately there wasn't enough on my card to place a hold for a replacement that's why I had to do it this way. I really miss my nexus 6p though and I want it back asap.

Posted via the Android Central App

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Google says refunds for returned devices will take anywhere from 1 to 14 days to show up in my account. If there is anybody that has ever returned anything to them, how long did it actually take to receive the refund after they processed it?

Asking because I had to return my 6p because of random reboots and I need to wait for the refund to order another one. Unfortunately there wasn't enough on my card to place a hold for a replacement that's why I had to do it this way. I really miss my nexus 6p though and I want it back asap.

I was refunded money with some Google Play store credits I had. People bought them for me thinking they could be used towards the phone, well, learned the hard way, they can only be used for apps. Once I filled out the application they required to issue my refund, it took about 9-10 days. before it hit my account.

I am about to send my 6P 64Gig back because I just purchased the 128GB one, I hope the refund goes as smooth and hopefully quicker.

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If your doing a straight return the money usually is credited once they receive your device. If you're doing an RMA they will release the held funds once you ship the device back (package scanned at a UPS location). RMA money comes back the quickest.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
If your doing a straight return the money usually is credited once they receive your device. If you're doing an RMA they will release the held funds once you ship the device back (package scanned at a UPS location). RMA money comes back the quickest.

I just did a straight return. I called in and she processed the refund 3 days ago. Just waiting for it to hit the account so I can order another. I was really hoping it would only take a few days and not 10-15. My G4 is in perfect shape but I wish I never even bought it, I hate using it. Horrible ui, bad battery life, weird glitches, cheap feeling plastic...

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Well I actually got the refund today. So it only took 3 days. Now I did call them and the rep saw that it was on its way back and she manually processed it. It may be different if you just send it and wait.

Odd thing is, I had ordered another 6p but changed my mind about the storage configuration and they cancelled it in transit so I never even received it. That one was returned to their warehouse last Wednesday and she manually processed the refund for that at the same time, yet I haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully within the next couple business days or I'm gonna start to worry.

TommyZ23

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Really Fast...

I ordered a Graphite and Frost phone. I kept the Frost and returned the Graphite.I requested the return via the web.

I was credited the amount of the phone as soon as I put it into the UPS system with the label they emailed me.
So, I received the credit before they even had the phone in their hands.

This surprised me quite a bit. I'm impressed with the customer service.

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been dealing with Google for many years, and I can tell you now they take forever to issue refunds.

I've seen it take up to 3 weeks to get a refund from them. And those authorizations that they do for an exchange are basically the same as them charging you fully and than just doing a refund later on. I was led in the past to believe that it was just a soft hold and than if they didn't receive the device back they would charge you, not the case. It's more like they charge you right away and than refund you later. The carriers do it in reverse, if they don't get the damaged or non working device back they put the total cost of the phone on your account. Very different than Google. I just had to do an exchange for some screen clicking issues and sure enough they jammed up my card for the full price of the phone and I'm not expecting a reverse of the charge anytime sooner than 2 weeks...Lol, look at the de-boggle with the shipments of the phone, Imagine now waiting for them to give you money back. There systems are terrible towards sales honestly.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Really Fast...

I ordered a Graphite and Frost phone. I kept the Frost and returned the Graphite.I requested the return via the web.

I was credited the amount of the phone as soon as I put it into the UPS system with the label they emailed me.
So, I received the credit before they even had the phone in their hands.

This surprised me quite a bit. I'm impressed with the customer service.

Conversely, I'm on two weeks and waiting for a refund of my aluminum model.

Sean Boswell

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Not in my case. Nor did my Google Store account indicate a refund had been issued. Finally called my CC customer service number and confirmed the refund had been made.

Same here. I just checked my account and saw that I was credited. No email or anything from them. Oh well, I got the refund so I'm happy.

BTW, I only returned my phone to get another one with Nexus protect. I love this phone!

Chemical#AC

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I chatted with an agent last night about getting a refund of the price difference given the announced price decrease of the 5x. They mentioned that I would get an email confirmation.

Does anybody know how long it takes to get the email?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz