SMS sync and email count

Steve Baptista

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm upgrading from Samsung Note3 to Nexus 6P :D

There are 2 features I cant get to work on the 6p that in used to on Note3

1. sms sync, if someone SMS me on the note3 it shows up in outlook on my desktop and I can reply, Can't find this function under 6P I looked under Accounts-->exchange and under Gmail app, hangouts, downloaded Outlook app but cant find the option.

2. The native e-mail app would show me how many unread e-mail I have top right corner of app icon. can get this work with the above apps.

please help me get these features back with the 6p even if its a workaround:

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Exchange Outlook and SMS from 6P

Hello

Got my new 6P but I can't get the SMS I receive on the phone to show up in my Work Exchange outlook 2010,
My previous phone Note 3 when ever I received an SMS in would pop in my inbox and I could reply to it right from outlook with out ever touching my phone.

The note 3 had an option to sync sms under account --> active sync but I cant find it under 6P :(

Please help me out since I need this feature to do my job duties.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.ninefolders.hd3&hl=en&token=WWFFLmun

Samsung likely had those festure built into its custom android framework. As this is pure untouched android, those features dont exist on stock mail.

Download Nine (link above). The default google mail client SUCKS for exchange. Nine is arguably the best exchange email client out there for android. you will pay for it (10 bucks) but it gives you two weeks to try for free, and it is easily the best 10 bucks you can spend in the play store.

I do not use SMS syncing, but Nine's play store description says this is possible from their app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Multiple threads merged. Please do not create new threads with the same question--instead, continue the discussion within the same thread. This will prevent multiple parallel discussions from occurring, which can be confusing and less helpful overall. Thanks!