Nexus 6P -Turning down the Volume on Notifications ONLY?

A

AC Question

Nexus 6P -Turning down the Volume on Notifications ONLY

I've looked through the Nexus 6P forums and I'm not able to find any help with regards to being able to turn down the Volume of my Notifications. The Sequence takes me through "Settings" - then "Sound and Notification" - then i get 3 options - Media, Alarm and Ring Volume but NO OPTION for Notification... This forces me to turn down my ringer volume to vibrate in an attempt to control my notifications which are sooo loud. Please Help (yes, I know there is a wealth of knowledge on these forums and I apologize for the newbie questions) Thanks in advance...

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6P -Turning down the Volume on Notifications ONLY

Notification and ringer are linked on stock android.

If you are OK with Vibrate for calls, what you can do is just keep the volume low, but also have it vibrate when a call comes in. Or, if you don't want to hear your notifications, just turn the sound off and rely on the light - your calls will still come through full volume.

Another thing you can do, is pick one of the really quiet/soft stock notification sounds, and set that for notification. Then, download Zedge, and pick yourself a super loud ringer. Then, even with your phone volume way up, you will barely hear the notification, and your ringer will be super loud. This is probably your best option since there is an enormous variance in volume between different ringer and notification sounds.

Further, you can just disable notifications on the super annoying apps that send you tons of notifications. Obviously they aren't important in the first place if you don't want to hear them, and you can just check on them when you think about it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

download app called light flow lite. on the left navigation of the app go to volume and check box to control notification independent of ring volume. done

Czargsd

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site

I posted the original question before I logged in (Typipcal newbie that I am..LOL).. Thanks so much for the help..I downloaded the Light Flow App and after an hour or so of configuring, downloading etc, my problem is solved..Thanks again..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC