Verizon MMS not working

kalebk07

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's just the text app I'm using which is Message+ (I think it used to be called Verizon Messages), but my picture I am trying to send is just hung up on "sending"... Any ideas? I just got my phone last night.

Vizsla_Buddy

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's just the text app I'm using which is Message+ (I think it used to be called Verizon Messages), but my picture I am trying to send is just hung up on "sending"... Any ideas? I just got my phone last night.

I would assume at your app. The native app with the phone works very well. I am also on Verizon.

OmaCoder

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue starting yesterday. I was able to send a group message, but when the responses come back they will not download. Also someone sent me a photo and that will not download either.

I'm on Verizon Message+ as well.

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Same issue I continuously have. Google told me to go to Verizon and get a new sim. Fixes the problem only briefly. I have had nothing but reception issues in general with my 6p.

It's sad because I really want to love this phone. I'm sure most of it is Verizon, but the wife won't switch carriers so here we are.

Try restarting the phone and see if that helps?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon & I'm using Google Messenger for SMS / MMS and hangouts for IM and everything works just fine.

Posted via Android Central App from a Nexus 6P or the amazing Nexus 10

ua7aspec

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yup same here. My messages+ app stopped working with sending/receiving mms just yesterday. Oh well.. Switched over to textra and actually liking it. Silver lining lol

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Question for you Verizon folks - my mother in law, and 2 sister in laws were having issues sending texts to those of us on sprint. MIL has an iPhone and after weeks and weeks of not sending sms they finally got her working last night. It's funny, but she would record an audio file and send her message that way. Told her to just call at that point.

The 2 SIL had Android phones, same issue. Not sure if they are fixed yet.

I could explain the issue away with imessage not being set up correctly, but it was only Verizon to sprint that she had issues.

From what they told my MIL, it was a nationwide issue, but I haven't heard anything really about it. Have you guys?

Posted via the Android Central App

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Question for you Verizon folks - my mother in law, and 2 sister in laws were having issues sending texts to those of us on sprint. MIL has an iPhone and after weeks and weeks of not sending sms they finally got her working last night. It's funny, but she would record an audio file and send her message that way. Told her to just call at that point.

The 2 SIL had Android phones, same issue. Not sure if they are fixed yet.

I could explain the issue away with imessage not being set up correctly, but it was only Verizon to sprint that she had issues.

From what they told my MIL, it was a nationwide issue, but I haven't heard anything really about it. Have you guys?

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm not sure about the iPhone issue, I send and receive texts from iPhone users all the time throughout the day for my job. What app were they using for messaging on the Android phones? I don't have any problems at all. I used Google messenger for SMS/MMS and hangouts for IM, I am on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App from a Nexus 6P or the amazing Nexus 10

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got away from all of the Verizon apps on the 6P except for the My Verizon app. Unless it's a Verizon phone the Verizon apps don't seem to work or be reliable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie