Android Beam causes Nexus 6P to sleep

Broken0007

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have found the magnetic sensor trigger for the folio case (bottom left corner when looking at the front of the 6P), also triggers to a magnetic field on the back of the phone in the same location (bottom right corner when looking at the back of the 6P). I have found this to be a problem when trying to use Android Beam through NFC by holding the back of the 6P to the back of another device. Both my OnePlus One and my Neuxs 7 2013 will put my Nexus 6P to sleep if I don't hold them carefully enough when trying to align the NFC sensors. Can anyone else confirm this? Is there a way to disable the magnetic sensor if not using a folio case so this does not happen when trying to use Android Beam?

Broken0007

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I should clarify, I do not use the folio case. Without the folio case the magnetic sensor still detects a magnetic field and puts the phone to sleep. Apparently holding another phone to the back of the Nexus 6P can trigger this sensor and put the phone to sleep before the NFC sensors are aligned properly for Android Beam.