Nexus 6P lag issues

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the 6P hang on Google Photos (WiFi). I launched the app, gray screen for about five seconds, spinning wheel about three seconds, then fine.

Hmtsjmftsch

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Any chance you're using a password manager like lastpass? I read on a Dutch forum that this made someone's phone lag. Once removed the lag was gone.

Posted via the Android Central App

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if I was going crazy, lot of apps are lagging on my new 6p that were fast on my 2014 Moto X. I think I may have a bad radio, might send it back before the 14 days are up and get a new one. At this point, I'm having a bit of buyers remorse that I shouldn't have with this phone.

Before you send it back, you can do a mobile data reset. Settings >backup and reset >network settings reset

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I managed to gum up my 6P. I hit it hard with panorama and photosphere shots. Phone got hot. App switching slowed down. I also burned up the battery in about five hours. Full screen brightness. Did not measure SOT but it would be most of that time.

Mittar Khalsa

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Before you send it back, you can do a mobile data reset. Settings >backup and reset >network settings reset

This actually seemed to help. Things are opening a little more quickly now.

I've also realized through my intense scrutiny that some apps just open slowly all the time, while some are optimized for instant response to touches. The worst offender that I have installed is Skype, which often has a 1 second plus delay from touch to response. I'm leaning towards this being more of an app optimization issue than a phone issue, but I've got two days left to decide.

Also, something is really chewing through my battery...

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I've also realized through my intense scrutiny that some apps just open slowly all the time, while some are optimized for instant response to touches. The worst offender that I have installed is Skype, which often has a 1 second plus delay from touch to response. I'm leaning towards this being more of an app optimization issue than a phone issue, but I've got two days left to decide.

Install a battery monitor like GSAM (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en&token=0681DQYp) to help locate the app that's eating up battery power.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Check your Gmail application. I had the same issue. Clear cache then clear data then restart your phone. Once you do this then you don't have to keep doing it.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I was using laspass, uninstalled it because it was guzzling battery.

Why does it use battery when not in use though? Because of cloud syncing in the background maybe? I use Keepass2Android instead because it backs up to cloud but uses GDrive rather than servers run by the developer and it only backs up and syncs when you make changes rather than using an always-on type of sync.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Why does it use battery when not in use though? Because of cloud syncing in the background maybe? I use Keepass2Android instead because it backs up to cloud but uses GDrive rather than servers run by the developer and it only backs up and syncs when you make changes rather than using an always-on type of sync.

I use Lastpass and have had no issue with it using battery, same as someone else mentioned.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

I use Lastpass and have had no issue with it using battery or causing lag.

Shikhar Srivastav

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I am so glad to find someone else who is also facing these issues.
I thought i was the only one.
I am facing intermittent lagging and heating and its really frustrating because now I have had it replaced twice. Still the problem won't go.
I thought since the heating was only happening to me in my office where the signal strength is pretty bad it might be because of that. So i started switching to Airplane mode and still the heating or lagging persists.
The issue happens even in safe mode.

Zach Charlie

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
0 lag or the occasional lag and stutters, for me, i get a really hard lag every couple of days, it gets warm very frequently and games arent 60 fps, is this true for you as well?

Zach Charlie

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
i dont think its that because the same thing happens to me from time to time, it gets really warm then it will lag like crazy and i have to just let is sit for 30-60 seconds before i can use it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek