google now - white colours not correct

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
anyone noticed that the google now screen on the nexus 6P appears to have issues with whites? (well it does on mine anyway)

see screenshot - you can see a different shade of white where todays logo is, but when i look at it on a nexus 5 or nexus 6 then there is no difference in the white colour.

is this just my device? or is it a general 6P issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151130-110230.jpg
    Screenshot_20151130-110230.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 69

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
It's never white, its a gray color that has a vignetting at the top and bottom which makes it look darker on the edges. That coupled with that [language removed by mod] Google doodle that day makes it look worse. How does it look when Now isn't showing a unique doodle?

That said, that doodle looks amateurish, I've never seen it before, might be a regional thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You've missed the point.
It looked OK on a nexus 5 and nexus 6.
It only looked discoloured on the nexus 6p.

And its like that on every doodle that isn't the default Google logo

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
LCD vs AMOLED. It's likely the doodles aren't the same white the page is and that shows on the AMOLED screen.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
comes from whoever designed that page for Google, not the phone's fault, just a bad job by them ... which shouldn't be surprising considering their horrific taste in design.

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't meant to be white. Never has been white at I can remember

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I was responding to doc31 comment.
However, as I said, it's every doodle, and for a flagship device and flagship device that's pretty poor.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I was responding to doc31 comment.
However, as I said, it's every doodle, and for a flagship device and flagship device that's pretty poor.

Except you're also likely to notice the exact same thing on a Note 5, S6, etc., which are all 'flagship' phones with AMOLED screens. So, not really.

Sent from the Comm Center of the Trigati

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any of those devices though, I'm only commenting on what I have.

Clearly Google now pages look **** on the nexus 6p when doodles replace the standard logo.

I really don't care on the reasons why though. Google should really do something about it.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
You can enable sRGB in developer options and see if that helps.

Of course, it may be that AMOLED screens just aren't for you if it bothers you that much.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's crazy to expect a Google service to look "normal" on a Google device.

At the moment it doesn't

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's obvious that you'll never get it. Oh well, I tried explaining. Have a great day.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It also could look different on the nexus 5 because of the screen size. The 6p is displaying more so maybe the pic does not fit right into the Google now launcher. I'm not really seeing what the big deal is though.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It's obvious that you'll never get it. Oh well, I tried explaining. Have a great day

no, it's obvious YOU'RE not getting it.
i don't care about what the screen is, google shouldn't be using doodles that look "wrong" on some of their own devices.
Google Now is a google flagship service, the 6P is a google flagship device.
6P users are getting a lesser experience than those on other devices.

if YOU can't understand that very simple explanation then you need to go away and have a great day somewhere else.
however, if you want an argument then you've picked on the wrong person.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It also could look different on the nexus 5 because of the screen size. The 6p is displaying more so maybe the pic does not fit right into the Google now launcher. I'm not really seeing what the big deal is though.

it's nothing to do with the screen size, as the Nexus 6 also does not have the problem.
the doodle doesn't blend into the UI like it does on all the other devices i have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo