anyone noticed that the google now screen on the nexus 6P appears to have issues with whites? (well it does on mine anyway)

see screenshot - you can see a different shade of white where todays logo is, but when i look at it on a nexus 5 or nexus 6 then there is no difference in the white colour.

is this just my device? or is it a general 6P issue?
    Attached Thumbnails google now - white colours not correct-screenshot_20151130-110230.jpg  
    11-30-2015 05:12 AM
    guess no-one else see this.
    12-01-2015 02:32 AM
    It's never white, its a gray color that has a vignetting at the top and bottom which makes it look darker on the edges. That coupled with that [language removed by mod] Google doodle that day makes it look worse. How does it look when Now isn't showing a unique doodle?

That said, that doodle looks amateurish, I've never seen it before, might be a regional thing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-05-2015 06:38 AM
    You've missed the point.
    It looked OK on a nexus 5 and nexus 6.
    It only looked discoloured on the nexus 6p.

And its like that on every doodle that isn't the default Google logo
    12-05-2015 07:48 AM
    LCD vs AMOLED. It's likely the doodles aren't the same white the page is and that shows on the AMOLED screen.
    12-05-2015 08:07 AM
    Well that's a bit of a fail on a flagship Google device and flagship Google service
    12-05-2015 08:09 AM
    comes from whoever designed that page for Google, not the phone's fault, just a bad job by them ... which shouldn't be surprising considering their horrific taste in design.
    12-05-2015 01:07 PM
    It's been every one so far though, it's not just the one I screenshot.
    12-05-2015 01:13 PM
    Wasn't meant to be white. Never has been white at I can remember

12-05-2015 01:41 PM
    So why is it not a problem on the other two devices?
    12-05-2015 01:42 PM
    So why is it not a problem on the other two devices?
    I already said. LCD screens. Do some research in the difference between LCD and AMOLED.
    12-05-2015 09:33 PM
    I was responding to doc31 comment.
    However, as I said, it's every doodle, and for a flagship device and flagship device that's pretty poor.
    12-06-2015 03:13 AM
    I was responding to doc31 comment.
    However, as I said, it's every doodle, and for a flagship device and flagship device that's pretty poor.
    Except you're also likely to notice the exact same thing on a Note 5, S6, etc., which are all 'flagship' phones with AMOLED screens. So, not really.

Sent from the Comm Center of the Trigati
    12-06-2015 11:58 AM
    I don't have any of those devices though, I'm only commenting on what I have.

Clearly Google now pages look **** on the nexus 6p when doodles replace the standard logo.

I really don't care on the reasons why though. Google should really do something about it.
    12-06-2015 12:00 PM
    You can enable sRGB in developer options and see if that helps.

Of course, it may be that AMOLED screens just aren't for you if it bothers you that much.

12-06-2015 12:09 PM
    I don't think it's crazy to expect a Google service to look "normal" on a Google device.

At the moment it doesn't
    12-06-2015 12:12 PM
    It's obvious that you'll never get it. Oh well, I tried explaining. Have a great day.

12-06-2015 12:14 PM
    It also could look different on the nexus 5 because of the screen size. The 6p is displaying more so maybe the pic does not fit right into the Google now launcher. I'm not really seeing what the big deal is though.

12-06-2015 12:17 PM
    It's obvious that you'll never get it. Oh well, I tried explaining. Have a great day
    no, it's obvious YOU'RE not getting it.
    i don't care about what the screen is, google shouldn't be using doodles that look "wrong" on some of their own devices.
    Google Now is a google flagship service, the 6P is a google flagship device.
    6P users are getting a lesser experience than those on other devices.

if YOU can't understand that very simple explanation then you need to go away and have a great day somewhere else.
    however, if you want an argument then you've picked on the wrong person.
    12-06-2015 12:17 PM
    It also could look different on the nexus 5 because of the screen size. The 6p is displaying more so maybe the pic does not fit right into the Google now launcher. I'm not really seeing what the big deal is though.
    it's nothing to do with the screen size, as the Nexus 6 also does not have the problem.
    the doodle doesn't blend into the UI like it does on all the other devices i have.
    12-06-2015 12:19 PM
    it's nothing to do with the screen size, as the Nexus 6 also does not have the problem.
    the doodle doesn't blend into the UI like it does on all the other devices i have.
    Google obviously only didn't scale this pic correctly. It happens, tbh is not the end of the world. When you have a myriad of screen sizes from 4"-10" something is bound to happen.

12-06-2015 12:23 PM

Eh, don't ask me. Never mind that it could be the LCD back light that could be washing out the whites on his other devices and the page on the 6P is actually a closer representation to the true page. Or that the Google now app uses a different white than a Doodle designed for a Web page. Obviously it's much easier to blame the device.

12-06-2015 12:34 PM
    lol, I mean, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill ... amazing what bothers some people. basically saying everything Google should work perfect on the Nexus device.
    12-06-2015 09:59 PM