nexus 6P Turning off the connection to my smart watches.

Jedroid

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
My new Nexus 6P keeps trying to connect to my smart watches even if they are not around whenever my blue tooth is on. Wich is always because I connect to a lot of speakers and headsets. It's annoying to always receive notifications about how it's trying to connect. I also suspect it's draining a bit of battery. There used to be a way to disconnect them when I wasn't using them through the Android wear app on my galaxy s6 edge but I'm not seeing it on the 6P.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My new Nexus 6P keeps trying to connect to my smart watches even if they are not around whenever my blue tooth is on. Wich is always because I connect to a lot of speakers and headsets. It's annoying to always receive notifications about how is trying to connect. I also suspect it's draining a bit of battery. There used to be a way to disconnect them when I wasn't using them through the Android wear app on my galaxy s6 edge but I'm not seeing it on the 6P.

I posted a similar thread. Turns out they took away the option to disconnect. So, we're stuck with the constant notices. Hope they bring it back.

Jedroid

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
That sucks. Why would Google remove such a useful feature? I hope they bring it back too. It just makes sense to be able to quickly connect and disconnect watches especially if you own more then one and want to switch them out regularly.