Is there a way to set Google Photos to back up the photos that get sent to me in text messages? When I go to Settings > Device Folders only the folders that Google Photos has automatically found show up.

I know I can back up text messages, but I'd really like the photos I receive to automatically be backed up to photos.

Thanks
    11-30-2015 12:02 PM
    Once you download the pic it will go into the photos folder (mine is called messenger folder) . Once you have that folder set up to back up, you'll just have to make sure you download the photos in texts.
    11-30-2015 12:08 PM
    Once you download the pic it will go into the photos folder (mine is called messenger folder) . Once you have that folder set up to back up, you'll just have to make sure you download the photos in texts.
    Not sure that applies to all texting apps or they might use other folders. I use Textra and it does create its own folder for pics that can be backed up with Google Photos. Some apps have a setting to put photos in your camera folder. It just varies.
    12-01-2015 01:13 AM
    Not sure that applies to all texting apps or they might use other folders. I use Textra and it does create its own folder for pics that can be backed up with Google Photos. Some apps have a setting to put photos in your camera folder. It just varies.
    I use stock messenger. Once you download the photo, it automatically create the messenger folder and goes there.
    12-01-2015 07:42 AM
    Love the words: Not sure. Try. If it works anything like the stock app, once you save the first picture (it doesn't save every picture sent to any messenger app), the Photo app will see this new folder with images, and ask if you want to save this... if not you can open the Photo app, slide from the left, open Settings > Back up & sync > Choose folders to back up... > then enable the new folder for that app.
    12-01-2015 08:00 AM