First Nexus Device

MonicaDien

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
My 6P is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday and I'm moving from the Galaxy S5. I've never had a Nexus phone before, so are there any tips to help with transitioning?

Posted via the Android Central App

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I am also on my first Nexus, the first piece of advice I could give you is to go in with no expectations. You are used to the TouchWiz UI and the Nexus is pure Android. There will be things you are looking for you will not be able to find on the device right away.

However if you go to the Play Store you will find many apps or substitutes which will work as well if not better and your phone will also be faster and cleaner. I am still in the discovery mode, but enjoying every minute of it. I get a little frustrated at times when I can't do exactly what I want and then it is time to start searching for the solution. It is out there!

Have fun on your journey and good luck!

digitaldroid

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
This is my first Nexus as well, nothing more then just enjoying the pure OS.... meaning no more bloatware! Also there are a few google apps if you see no need for them or would never use them just delete that simple! All my apps I had previously installed still work in this phone. Things in the new OS maybe in different places and take a few minutes to find or how to do a task. I've had it for a month now and it transition was pretty simple.

Out of all my androids this is the best yet for me!

also this may help http://phandroid.com/2015/10/21/nexus-6p-11-first-things/

AustinIllini

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
My 6P is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday and I'm moving from the Galaxy S5. I've never had a Nexus phone before, so are there any tips to help with transitioning?

Posted via the Android Central App

Basically make sure all your data and photos are tied to either a third party (non-Samsung) service or a Google service. Other than that, I would make sure all my contacts are in contacts.google.com and that's pretty much it.

It's a different experience, for sure. Enjoy and welcome to Nexus land!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781