Nexus 6P Google Play is so slow

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I've noticed over the last day that updating my apps on Google Play is painfully slow. Like deadly slow. It takes probably 20 minutes for a very small file. I have read some crazy things on the net regarding the potential reasons of this but it seems like I cannot get a straight answer.

This has not been the issue before, as downloading apps and updating was quick and as it should be.

Just not sure what's going on with it as its driving me nuts! Anyone have a solution or any suggestions?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure your powered off and back on? Is general browsing of the internet also slow, or just play store downloading? Do you have some type of antivirus software running in the background?

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine definitely isn't this slow, but I have noticed that it is quite a bit slower to download and install apps on my 6P than it was on my S6.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure your powered off and back on? Is general browsing of the internet also slow, or just play store downloading? Do you have some type of antivirus software running in the background?

Yea I have tried everything except for a reset. It's only the play store. Everything else is lighting fast.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Try going into the menu, settings, apps, play store. Then force stop it. Then reopen. Also try clearing the cached data in "storage and USB" settings area.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine definitely isn't this slow, but I have noticed that it is quite a bit slower to download and install apps on my 6P than it was on my S6.

I've read some things online that are pretty far fetched in my knowledge. Which maybe not much compared to the next person. However, I find signing in and out of hangouts kind of a silly solution. I tried this anyways and still it didn't help me.

The Nexus 6P is honestly one of the best devices I've owned, coming from a guy who has two new phones a year. It's a very reliable handset but some odd quirks here and there.

Maybe this is something to do with marshmallow? But it wasn't like this before. Not sure what to do at this point.

Mickfl

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought an LG v10 and had a similar issue. I ended up returning it and picking up a 6p and my slowness was fixed. It was really strange my nexus tablet was fine, my Moto x was fine but the LG was slow as molasses on WiFi and fine on lte.

Posted via the Android Central App

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought an LG v10 and had a similar issue. I ended up returning it and picking up a 6p and my slowness was fixed. It was really strange my nexus tablet was fine, my Moto x was fine but the LG was slow as molasses on WiFi and fine on lte.

Was this slow on WiFi in general? Or just the Google Play store?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
GP is slower for me as well. On DL the status bar is not accurate. The bar will stall at 35% or 50% then jump right to installing. I attributed the slower install time to Android Runtime and device encryption.

krabby

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Force stopping an app wont hurt anything at any time, at worse you have to reboot. Before you get too carried away I would stop it, delete the caches and all off line content, reboot the phone. If you had off line content to delete the phone will soon want to download it after it starts. If that doesn't work you can wander over to XDA and get the latest apk for it and install it. Usually those two things will get a hinky play store working again.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Force stopping an app wont hurt anything at any time, at worse you have to reboot. Before you get too carried away I would stop it, delete the caches and all off line content, reboot the phone. If you had off line content to delete the phone will soon want to download it after it starts. If that doesn't work you can wander over to XDA and get the latest apk for it and install it. Usually those two things will get a hinky play store working again.

Would it make sense if this exact same thing was happening on my tablet as well? Google seems to think its my router or ISP since it downloads fine when connected to cellular data.

Mickfl

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It was slow on the store and a few other things but overall it was good on WiFi. I turn the WiFi off and go to the mobile data and it was good.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It was slow on the store and a few other things but overall it was good on WiFi. I turn the WiFi off and go to the mobile data and it was good.

Huh? Sorry I'm confused as to which comment you were quoting.