12-11-2015 12:47 PM
28 12
tools
    I am looking for a belt/holster that does not utilize a latch to secure the phone; something that permits the phone to slide in or is easily removed with one hand.

Tried the i-Blason (Amazon: B015X6FAE6) without realizing secure-click meant latch.

Any suggestions?
    11-16-2015 06:52 PM
    I would suggest checking out our Nexus 6P Case Thread -- A lot of good recommendations there .

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...-nexus-6p.html
    11-16-2015 06:53 PM
    Personally I do not like carrying a phone in my pocket. I've always had a case or pouch where I can keep the phone on my side. Yeah, I know it looks goofy, but I'm fortunate to be at the age where I don't really care what other people think.

I hike and bike frequently. Many times I do not have a pack in which to keep the phone. I like the phone at my side where I can adjust volume while listening to music, or check my mileage, speed, etc.

Right now I'm using a Seidio Kickstand and holster with my Droid Razr Maxx and it's been great, but Seidio has not come out with a Kickstand combo for the 6P yet.

From what I can tell looking at the case/holster combos available now, it appears that the side clips completely cover the volume buttons. If that IS the case I'm not sure how functional that setup would be.

I'm expecting my 6P in a couple days and although I know this is not a popular carry option, I'm hoping someone that has a 6P and does side carry can point me in the right direction.

Does anyone have any experience with a case/holster that works well?
    12-01-2015 10:29 AM
    There is already a STICKY thread at the top of this forum for all things relating to Cases: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...-nexus-6p.html
    12-01-2015 12:52 PM
    Yes and I have read that sticky.
    Not much info about my particular question and that is the reason I have posted it.
    But thanks just the same.
    12-01-2015 01:01 PM
    For me it has nothing to do with what something looks like or what people think. I've always had my phone in my pocket because I don't like something like that sticking out and getting caught on something.

And if you have the right headphones you can adjust the volume directly from that. No need to touch the phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    pr627 likes this.
    12-01-2015 01:07 PM
    I don't have actual experience with this model, but I am a Seidio-style holster type of a guy, myself. I currently have a Moto X 2014 that never had the Seidio holster available for it. I jury-rigged a solution with the holster from a galaxy s5 and a body glove tpu case. I was looking at the 6P and was looking at a similar solution using one of the slim tpu cases for the 6P and the seidio holster for the iPhone 6s plus. I think that would work although I haven't seen it in person, I haven't pulled the trigger on a new phone yet. I am debating between the 6p and the Moto X Pure edition.
    jims52 likes this.
    12-01-2015 04:22 PM
    The Moko case I got from Amazon (which has a kickstand too) has a belt holster that has a single clip that sits opposite the phone's buttons. It does require you put the phone in correctly - it's designed to go in one way - but, all three buttons are usable if its put in properly.
    jims52 likes this.
    12-01-2015 11:43 PM
    I don't use the holster personally, but the case that I ordered came with one (and I threw it out). Try the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro: http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Holste...cUvbUpU4868988
    jims52 likes this.
    12-02-2015 04:40 AM
    I have the unicorn beetle pro and it's great but I don't use the holster, never intended to. Not a bad holster if you're into them.
    jims52 likes this.
    12-02-2015 05:55 AM
    The posts I've seen around the forum say the 6P is the same size as the iPhone 6 Plus. I have not verified this. If you look for an iPhone belt pouch, the 6P will fit. I'm talking about the basic pouch models not the fitted ones.
    jims52 and jojoe42 like this.
    12-02-2015 07:24 AM
    Jims52 - I hear you. I used to have a Samsung Note3 with the Verizon holster case which for me was superb. The case stayed on permanently and I used to holster only in the gym. I've never been a fan of the armbands personally. And like you, I'm at the age I didn't care how it looked.

It was perfect for me in order to use the volume keys without taking it out.

I now have the SUP case. You cannot get to the volume keys without snapping it out of the holster so it is annoying for me too. The built in screen protector for me was totally useless so I cut it out with an exacto blade and applied a glass protector and then put it back together.

So for now, I'm using it because it seems to be the only choice. But if the style I used before becomes available, I will definitely be getting that.
    jims52 likes this.
    12-02-2015 07:27 AM
    I have always used the seidio case and holster combo, they are low profile and very secure. My second option is the vzw case & holster. I hope one of them come out soon!!!
    jims52 likes this.
    12-02-2015 09:03 PM
    The posts I've seen around the forum say the 6P is the same size as the iPhone 6 Plus. I have not verified this. If you look for an iPhone belt pouch, the 6P will fit. I'm talking about the basic pouch models not the fitted ones.
    The iPhone 6+ is: 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm
    The iPhone 6S+ is: 158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm
    The 6P is: 159.3 x 77.8 x 7.3 mm

So the 6P is the same width as the 6+ and the same thickness as the 6S+.
    jims52 likes this.
    12-02-2015 10:03 PM
    I picked up a cheap rugged holster case off Amazon. Slides in only one way, but the buttons are accessible. And it has a kickstand.

Nexus 6P case, Allmet [Black PC + Black Skin] Premium Durable Heavy...

It was $8.99. Won't set the world on fire, but it met my needs.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jims52 likes this.
    12-02-2015 10:05 PM
    Jims52 - I hear you. I used to have a Samsung Note3 with the Verizon holster case which for me was superb. The case stayed on permanently and I used to holster only in the gym. I've never been a fan of the armbands personally. And like you, I'm at the age I didn't care how it looked.

It was perfect for me in order to use the volume keys without taking it out.

I now have the SUP case. You cannot get to the volume keys without snapping it out of the holster so it is annoying for me too. The built in screen protector for me was totally useless so I cut it out with an exacto blade and applied a glass protector and then put it back together.

So for now, I'm using it because it seems to be the only choice. But if the style I used before becomes available, I will definitely be getting that.
    As I said above, the Moko case from Amazon has all buttons accessible when its holstered. It's inexpensive, easy to get on and off, and doesn't interfere with my glass protector.

http://smile.amazon.com/Nexus-6P-Case-Resistant-Smartphone/
    jims52 likes this.
    12-03-2015 03:57 AM
    Thanks for the responses.

I ordered an i-Blason case with holster and received it last night. My 6P should be here today or tomorrow but just looking the case over, it appears well made. The belt clip swivels 360 and the holster does not have anything covering the buttons. The case itself is pretty beefy and I'll be interested to see how well the phone buttons respond to presses as the case covers them with its own thick rubber buttons.

I'm still waiting for Seidio to come out with their Kickstand/Holster combo. A Seidio rep told me one was in the works for the 6p and should be released this month.
    12-03-2015 07:41 AM
    I'll retract my recommendation on the cheap holster I found - now that I've actually used it a couple of days.

The guides holding the phone in place completely cover the volume controls. Since that's a deal killer for you, I'd take a pass.

It does have the plastic/rubber combo case with kickstand like an Otterbox, but does not slide out very well from the holster. You end up having to nudge it up from the bottom.

For $9, it's doing its job until something better comes along, but there were also $5 sets that would probably perform just as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jims52 likes this.
    12-05-2015 01:07 PM
    Thanks for the responses.

I ordered an i-Blason case with holster and received it last night. My 6P should be here today or tomorrow but just looking the case over, it appears well made. The belt clip swivels 360 and the holster does not have anything covering the buttons. The case itself is pretty beefy and I'll be interested to see how well the phone buttons respond to presses as the case covers them with its own thick rubber buttons.

I'm still waiting for Seidio to come out with their Kickstand/Holster combo. A Seidio rep told me one was in the works for the 6p and should be released this month.
    Are you certain the belt clip rotates 360 degrees? (The description on amazon says 180). I was thinking of getting the case, but I wear it on my right side, and some of the reviews on amazon say that the buttons cannot face up when worn on the right side (due to the way the phone clips into the holster).

I had this issue with the MOKO case, so I stopped using it. That and the phone is always 'backwards' when you take it out right handed.
    12-05-2015 05:07 PM
    Are you certain the belt clip rotates 360 degrees? (The description on amazon says 180). I was thinking of getting the case, but I wear it on my right side, and some of the reviews on amazon say that the buttons cannot face up when worn on the right side (due to the way the phone clips into the holster).

I had this issue with the MOKO case, so I stopped using it. That and the phone is always 'backwards' when you take it out right handed.

Yes I'm sure, I just spun it around 360. This is the one I have http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4875564

It's very well made, but since I wont have my phone until Monday I cant speak for the fit. I dont see where it would be a problem, and it's gotten pretty good reviews.
    12-05-2015 05:34 PM
    interesting, that is the one I referenced earlier. here is a quote from the description...

The belt clip can rotate 180 degrees to provide you with flexibility you would never imagine--why not build a changeable wardrobe for your phone?
    Possible they have changed the design then.

Thank you for your response(s).
    12-05-2015 06:02 PM
    Yes I'm sure, I just spun it around 360. This is the one I have http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4875665

It's very well made, but since I wont have my phone until Monday I cant speak for the fit. I dont see where it would be a problem, and it's gotten pretty good reviews.
    OK, as I suspected (as people on amazon have reported). The clip to get the phone out of the case would be on the bottom, when the buttons are up, when worn on the right side. For me thats a deal breaker.
    12-05-2015 06:46 PM
    OK, as I suspected (as people on amazon have reported). The clip to get the phone out of the case would be on the bottom, when the buttons are up, when worn on the right side. For me thats a deal breaker.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this.
    With it on my right side I can spin the belt clip around and have the phone retaining clip at the top with the buttons pointing down, or am I missing something?
    The only thing I don't think will work, is to put the button side of the case into the retaining clip of the holster.

And I would add that the description is wrong, the belt clip does rotate a full 360 degrees so they must have changed the design.
    12-05-2015 07:09 PM
    right, I dont want the buttons facing down, makes it too hard to use the buttons efficiently, and then the phone is 'backwards' when removing it with the right hand. same problem with the MOKO case.
    12-05-2015 07:27 PM
    Anyone found good holsters for the Nexus 6p?
    12-10-2015 08:03 PM
28 12