The only answers I can find in the forums are in regard to visual voicemail with transcription of words into text, or how to set up voicemail to begin with... My question is in regard to neither of these.
    That being said, coming from iPhone to Android, I am very used to being able to see who left me a voicemail and listen to it and delete it directly from a native app on the phone. I can't seem to find this feature anywhere on my new Nexus 6P.
    Everybody on these forums spoke wonders about stock Android, but I have been coming across missing features like this for the last several weeks. I would like to continue loving my new phone, but this would be a huge letdown if nobody can help me. Thank you in advance
    kquilz likes this.
    12-02-2015 04:33 PM
    Hello! Welcome to Android Central! If you are using your device on one of the major US carriers just type visual voicemail into the app store. Most carriers have an app that will do this, you just have to download it.
    12-02-2015 05:13 PM
    Google Voice has been my go-to voicemail app for years. Give it a try!
    12-03-2015 12:26 PM
    I use Google Voice (just for voicemail) and now I notice that in addition to getting the voicemail transcribed as a text and email, within the Phone/Dialer app there are now 4 categories: Favorites, Recent, Contacts, and now voicemail, so that I can play voicemails directly from the app without having to go into Google Voice. The other thing I like about google voice is that I can go through the web interface and set different voicemails for different groups (family, friends, and work) and also see, read, listen, and delete voicemails. Let me know if this answers your question or if there is anything else I can help answer.
    12-03-2015 01:14 PM
    I use Google Voice (just for voicemail) and now I notice that in addition to getting the voicemail transcribed as a text and email, within the Phone/Dialer app there are now 4 categories: Favorites, Recent, Contacts, and now voicemail, so that I can play voicemails directly from the app without having to go into Google Voice. The other thing I like about google voice is that I can go through the web interface and set different voicemails for different groups (family, friends, and work) and also see, read, listen, and delete voicemails. Let me know if this answers your question or if there is anything else I can help answer.
    I do the same. Now I just need to decide to either use the stock dialer for voice-mail or hangouts.... Decisions decisions

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2015 07:38 PM
    Hello! Welcome to Android Central! If you are using your device on one of the major US carriers just type visual voicemail into the app store. Most carriers have an app that will do this, you just have to download it.
    The native visual voicemail app don't always work from all carriers... Verizon's native app didn't work the last time I checked so now I use Google Voice app for VVM now and actually like it better.
    12-04-2015 08:27 PM
    I couldn't ever get this to work. I'm on AT&T. The tab showed up in my dialer, but I never got any voicemails in there. I have no clue what I was doing wrong.
    12-04-2015 09:33 PM
    I couldn't ever get this to work. I'm on AT&T. The tab showed up in my dialer, but I never got any voicemails in there. I have no clue what I was doing wrong.
    It is not supported in the native dialer on AT&T. You would need to use google voice.
    12-05-2015 04:10 PM
    It is not supported in the native dialer on AT&T. You would need to use google voice.
    I know. But I went the Google Voice route and the voicemail tab showed up in my dialer, but nothing ever worked. It wouldn't allow me to view or listen to messages through it. They still come in where I have to fill my voicemail.
    12-05-2015 04:12 PM
    did you download the google voice app and enable the 'voicemail display' option in settings?
    12-05-2015 05:00 PM
    I'm having the same issue. All I want is to be notified that I have received a voicemail. Why is it so difficult to get that notification on the 6P? In my case, I use both Iphone 6 and the 6P and swap out sims regularly. Haven't had one VM notification on the 6P as of yet. The only thing I have gotten is a garbled up text message on the 6p which apparently means there is a VM. Then after going back to the iphone, I lose the VVM there and have to have Verizon reset it on their end to get VM to work on that. Very frustrating. I've had other Android phones and have had no issues with receiving VM notifications at all.
    12-05-2015 05:53 PM
    did you download the google voice app and enable the 'voicemail display' option in settings?
    Yes I did.
    12-05-2015 06:29 PM
    Not sure if this helps, but I called VZ Wireless support to remove my visual voicemail and to reset it back to a basic account. The reason is I have been only getting texts with weird letters when I receive voicemail. Apparently, having them remove my visual voicemail did the trick and I get notified correctly.
    pheatton likes this.
    12-08-2015 03:57 PM
    Not sure if this helps, but I called VZ Wireless support to remove my visual voicemail and to reset it back to a basic account. The reason is I have been only getting texts with weird letters when I receive voicemail. Apparently, having them remove my visual voicemail did the trick and I get notified correctly.
    I plan on calling tonight and having them do this. Did you keep Advanced Calling/HD Calling?
    12-08-2015 05:07 PM
    I found a cool app called YouMail. Everything I was looking for which was not having to dial my number, and a simple notification icon . A strange part is when the caller leaves a message, the greeting addresses the caller by name, assuming they are in your contacts.
    12-09-2015 09:05 PM
    I don't know.. I didn't ask them to remove it? So I would assume that it kept advance calling.
    12-17-2015 09:47 PM