6.0.1 update seems to have made my Car Bluetooth problem worse ?!?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the 6.0.1 update and I had this little, tiny bit of hope in the back of my mind that maybe they snuck a fix in for the erratic connection behavior on many people's bluetooth car connection (me included). As a reminder, it connects, drops the connection, reconnects - all at random.

Since getting the 6.0.1 update, if I place a call via my car's bluetooth connection, the phone starts to place the call, I hear a "pop" and the bluetooth connection cuts off. None of the call is handled through my car and the car displays "Unknown Number" for just a couple seconds. The phone continues the call but its now through the handset. So, now I'm not getting anything through my car's system.

I tried rebooting my phone after the update. I tried "forgetting" my car and reconnecting it to the phone as a new device.

Of those of you that do have the car connection problems, did yours get worse? better? the same?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
APPS > GOOGLE CONNECTIVITY SERVICES

No "Clear Data" option and, unfortunately, it shows it hasn't used any memory in the past 3 hours. No battery use either.

Am I missing something?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
APPS > GOOGLE CONNECTIVITY SERVICES

No "Clear Data" option and, unfortunately, it shows it hasn't used any memory in the past 3 hours. No battery use either.

Am I missing something?

Tap 'Storage', then you can clear the cache and data for the app.

Sent from the Comm Center of the Trigati

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm..... I had the opposite experience.

After the update, bluetooth in the car works as it's supposed to. Let us know how it goes after you you clear the data.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It works!!!!!!!!

Cleared data. Disconnected car. Reconnected car. Held a phone call for 15 minutes.

Thanks everyone!!!!

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm..... I had the opposite experience.

After the update, bluetooth in the car works as it's supposed to. Let us know how it goes after you you clear the data.

Question within the question: Can you see track data now? I have an Acura TSX with a technology package and my LG G4 is on 5.1 but all I get is a "Bluetooth Audio" on the car's nav screen when playing music via Bluetooth. I had contacted Acura and they said that was on Google. I was hoping that when the G4 finally gets Marshmallow, the track data will also show on the screen.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Question within the question: Can you see track data now? I have an Acura TSX with a technology package and my LG G4 is on 5.1 but all I get is a "Bluetooth Audio" on the car's nav screen when playing music via Bluetooth. I had contacted Acura and they said that was on Google. I was hoping that when the G4 finally gets Marshmallow, the track data will also show on the screen.

Don't know... seems to be working for me....

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Then it could be Marshmallow or your phone vs my G4. What year is your MDX?

Posted using SwiftKey on my LG G4 via the Android Central App

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
BT in the car connects fine for me, but is pretty bad quality. Before the update BT connected sometimes and didn't sometimes as well. What I have noticed with the little consolation speaker Huawei sent, it takes a couple of times to connect. This phone just does not like to connect via BT. Periodically happens with AW as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Kenorian your audio system looks more advanced than mine. You must have a newer vehicle or upgraded system. My TSX is a 2011.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Ah well, it would have been nice. My work around is a Kenu mount on the vent between the steering wheel and console. I use Caffeine to keep my screen on when using Google Play Music. Going back to the OP, my Bluetooth connection is very stable. I can drive for an hour without a disconnect.

Seeing track data on the navigation screen would be nice but without a true Android Auto touch interface, I'd still be relying on my phone for doing things like changing playlists.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad