Just wondering. My main gripe with the Nexus 6 is that the camera is very slow and unreliable (crashes regularly). But it has OIS which the 6P doesn't. Do you find this to matter in real life? Any other observations that make you overall happy or not with the move?
    12-13-2015 06:57 PM
    I made the switch to the 6p from the 6 and I love it. At first I was worried not having wireless charging would be annoying but the battery life is so much better on the 6p and it really doesn't take that long to charge with the included charger. The camera seems to take pretty decent shots without OIS and it's very quick to snap the shot. I also feel like the size of the 6p is a lot nicer than the 6 and easier to handle. I haven't had any issues with my 6p and would recommend it to anyone thinking about upgrading from a 6.
    12-13-2015 07:37 PM
    The only things I miss about the six are the tank-like build and the wideness of the screen. I don't miss the wideness of the phone, just the screen. Too many plusses in the 6p's column to go back though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-13-2015 08:39 PM
    Granted, I've only had the 6P for a couple of days... And I had the Nexus 6 shortly after launch...

I can really only point to one thing that the Nexus 6 did better : Ambient Display... As there seems to be a bug in the 6P right now causing it to fire inconsistently.

That's about it so far. The 6P has, so far, really impressed me. Well built, feels nice in hand... The 6 had a kind of janky haptic feedback, more buzz that vibrate. The 6P has a subtle thump with a quiet, xylophone-like bong... That's a little touch, but I helps the 6P really feel premium.

Performance wise, the 6P really feels agile. Screen transitions, scrolling, etc. It doesn't trip up at all.

Now, tomorrow's commute will solve a couple of questions. It's a kind of a stress test for the mobile radio.. The 6 was able to stay on near the entire drive that has since signal challenges... So I'll be able to see how well Huawei and the 6P's antenna array handle things.

This is one hell of a phone though, I don't need more time to see that.
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-13-2015 09:27 PM
    The only things I miss about the six are the tank-like build and the wideness of the screen. I don't miss the wideness of the phone, just the screen. Too many plusses in the 6p's column to go back though. And the Motorola Radios.

12-13-2015 10:53 PM
    Granted, I've only had the 6P for a couple of days... And I had the Nexus 6 shortly after launch...

I can really only point to one thing that the Nexus 6 did better : Ambient Display... As there seems to be a bug in the 6P right now causing it to fire inconsistently.

That's about it so far. The 6P has, so far, really impressed me. Well built, feels nice in hand... The 6 had a kind of janky haptic feedback, more buzz that vibrate. The 6P has a subtle thump with a quiet, xylophone-like bong... That's a little touch, but I helps the 6P really feel premium.

Performance wise, the 6P really feels agile. Screen transitions, scrolling, etc. It doesn't trip up at all.

Now, tomorrow's commute will solve a couple of questions. It's a kind of a stress test for the mobile radio.. The 6 was able to stay on near the entire drive that has since signal challenges... So I'll be able to see how well Huawei and the 6P's antenna array handle things.

This is one hell of a phone though, I don't need more time to see that.
    Can I ask why you keep the haptic feedback active? It's always one of the first things I deactivate to save on battery life. What benefit do you feel you get from having it active? Thanks.
    12-14-2015 05:46 AM
    Can I ask why you keep the haptic feedback active? It's always one of the first things I deactivate to save on battery life. What benefit do you feel you get from having it active? Thanks.
    Some people like haptic feedback, some don't. I personally fall into the "don't" category but I doubt that it has much impact on battery life either way.

As to the original question, "Any previous Nexus 6 owners who are happy with the switch?", I have run the full gamut from Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, and now Nexus 6P and all that I can say is that life just keeps getting better and better.
    mumfoau and sangs like this.
    12-14-2015 09:05 AM
    For me, it just feels more natural.... as if there's a bit more interaction between me and the phone... when typing, selecting things, etc. I've grown so accustomed to it that if I turn it off, the interface seems disconnected, if that makes any sense.

The motor that drives the haptic feedback really has little to no impact on overall battery consumption. It's pretty far down the list.
    sangs likes this.
    12-14-2015 10:03 AM
    I ordered a Nexus 6 and 1 month after I got it I shattered it and long story short I ordered a 6p. So happy with the move. The size is a lot more manageable and the camera is a lot better. One, the application itself, like the looks of it when you're in the camera application are a lot better. I find the camera to be better than the 6, but that is just my opinion. Also, the speakers are louder than the 6 I think. Overall a great phone and you should definitely make the move.
    12-16-2015 08:05 PM