Hey guys! I usually post stuff in the Galaxy Note 4 forms, but I just ordered my first Nexus device, the Nexus 6P. Any tips or advice for a newcomer to the Nexus series? I'm really looking forward to stock Android.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-13-2015 08:31 PM
    Hey guys! I usually post stuff in the Galaxy Note 4 forms, but I just ordered my first Nexus device, the Nexus 6P. Any tips or advice for a newcomer to the Nexus series? I'm really looking forward to stock Android.

Only thing you'll miss is the stylus, depending on how often you used it. I came from a Note 4 and that's about it for me. I certainly don't miss not getting timely updates or Touchwiz or carrier bloat.
    12-13-2015 09:16 PM
    Just get ready for how quickly you get updates and how smooth it runs. Oh, also not having any Samsung and carrier bloat wasting space on your phone. lol I also came from a Note 4 and am very pleased with my decision. I don't miss not having the stylus as I only used it sparingly with the 4 (used it much more when I had my Note 3). Congrats and welcome to the club!
    Tomster88 likes this.
    12-14-2015 01:05 AM
    Just get ready for how quickly you get updates and how smooth it runs. Oh, also not having any Samsung and carrier bloat wasting space on your phone. lol I also came from a Note 4 and am very pleased with my decision. I don't miss not having the stylus as I only used it sparingly with the 4 (used it much more when I had my Note 3). Congrats and welcome to the club!
    I'm really looking forward to everything that you just stated. I've really been looking forward to pure Android for a while now. I originally have come off an iPhone and say what you will about Apple but there iOS is buttery smooth. & I know Android can do that, I just realized after owning a Samsung for a while that the touch was really bogs down. I'm sure I'll be visiting these forums for advice!

12-14-2015 01:42 AM
    Few more settings and folders are a bit more hidden then the Samsung and all other phones. You'll get the hang of it. I have
    12-14-2015 04:30 AM
    You'll love it, I too came from the note 3, and 4. You'll love it, like I have. Only thing I miss on the note 4 is mutli window, bit there's ways around that check the forums
    12-14-2015 06:30 AM
    I'm switched from a Note 4 as well, but I've had Nexus goodness before in a Nexus 5. I forgot how smooth it was outside of the TouchWiz world. I miss the stylus and some of the gestures (swipe to screenshot mainly), but I don't think I can go back again. I am in love with my 6P, and I also love being truly free to switch carriers when needed since I'm not stuck paying off a device from T-Mobile (I may be moving in July and switching carriers may make sense for me)

12-14-2015 07:47 AM
    I came from a Note 4 as well. You'll love how smooth and fast this phone is and stays, even after a few weeks. I think the only real thing you'll miss is the Samsung music player. IMO it is a lot better than Google Music.
    12-14-2015 01:13 PM
    I had a note 4 briefly since I didn't like the nexus 6, and I'm so glad to be back to a Nexus device. I personally couldn't stand TouchWiz. the stylus was fun at first, but I stopped using it after awhile. only thing I was useful for me was the camera since Nexus never had. good one, but the nexus 6p solved that problem.

gave the note 4 to my father in law now, he loves it and actually put the stylus to some good use since it can use it to write Chinese.

12-14-2015 02:22 PM
    I came from a Note 4 as well. You'll love how smooth and fast this phone is and stays, even after a few weeks. I think the only real thing you'll miss is the Samsung music player. IMO it is a lot better than Google Music.
    So I got my 6P today! I've been slowly setting it up and tomorrow I'm going to get a nano SIM card for it. I didn't realize the note 4 had a different sim size . I have to say the one thing that I'm really trying to adjust to its on-screen buttons. I really miss the home button. But the phone is wonderfully built and very fast

12-15-2015 10:08 PM
    So I got my 6P today! I've been slowly setting it up and tomorrow I'm going to get a nano SIM card for it. I didn't realize the note 4 had a different sim size . I have to say the one thing that I'm really trying to adjust to its on-screen buttons. I really miss the home button. But the phone is wonderfully built and very fast

give it a week and I promise you won't miss it anymore!
    12-15-2015 11:06 PM
    give it a week and I promise you won't miss it anymore!
    Agreed. You'll become VERY used to placing your index finger on the back fingerprint reader in no time.
    Tomster88 likes this.
    12-16-2015 12:39 AM
    I just want to confirm from geeks Nexus 6P is getting stuck as usual other smartphones or not ?
    12-16-2015 05:33 AM
    I just want to confirm from geeks Nexus 6P is getting stuck as usual other smartphones or not ?
    Going to need you to clarify or re-structure your sentence for that question.
    12-17-2015 01:03 AM
    yes, if you put it between you and the doorframe, it does...just like other smartphones!
    12-17-2015 09:11 AM
    Agreed. You'll become VERY used to placing your index finger on the back fingerprint reader in no time.
    I love the fingerprint sensor. I'm still trying to get used to soft buttons on the phone. That seems to be the hardest thing for me lol

12-17-2015 11:53 PM